It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2007, 02:58 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Therag HB User
I feel a loser

If you remember I posted about me being not sure whether I should go back to my old place of work. I phoned them and I have been told that they are not promising that they'll give me my job back. Right now I'm just so unsure and I feel alone and depressed. He told me that my work performance wasn't as good as it should have been when I was employed there, and I agree that my work performance had dropped, but I'm begining to think that I am uncapable of holding down a job. I feel such a loser.

Old 06-06-2007, 03:25 AM   #2
Inactive
(male)

72575 HB User
Re: I feel a loser

Holding a job isn't what makes a man a success. Holding a job is one of many things that you will go through in your life, but is the least of which that defines weather or not you are a loser.
In today's world, people put far, far too much importance on someone's wealth and career success. There is so much more to life than a job.

Is it problematic not having a job? Yes, it can be. Everyone needs a way to finance things. Perhaps what you need to do is find a different line of work. Not everyone is suited for every job.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2007, 05:17 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User
Re: I feel a loser

hi therag,

first of all, you're NOT a loser!!!

but, since there aren't jobs around where you are, and you did try, we all know you did--if i were you, i'd ask them to give me another chance. i'd admit that (maybe you already did) my performance wasn't up to par before, but i'd like to show them that i'm a good worker and for them to "please" let me prove it. tell them you know you are good and that your "performance dropped" because of some family probs, or something similar, but that's over now. so it's a little white lie....but you need some money, right?!! tell them you're a hard worker and you know you can do the job, and that you really need some work right now. AND YOU CAN DO IT!! after all, you HAVE been doing this job before!!!! try it again. please don't give up so easily.
i wish you all the luck!!!

Old 06-06-2007, 08:46 AM   #4
(female)

jujubeez725 HB User
Smile Re: I feel a loser

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72575 View Post
Holding a job isn't what makes a man a success. Holding a job is one of many things that you will go through in your life, but is the least of which that defines weather or not you are a loser.
In today's world, people put far, far too much importance on someone's wealth and career success. There is so much more to life than a job.

Is it problematic not having a job? Yes, it can be. Everyone needs a way to finance things. Perhaps what you need to do is find a different line of work. Not everyone is suited for every job.
I agree w/72575 and Mrs. Skye!

Therag,
If you had a job before, you can have one again!
It baffles me that they didn't say your job performance wasn't up-to-par while you were there--or else, I would supposed, they wouldn't have invited you to return to your old job.

As 72575 stated, you may need to change the line of work that you're in.
What is it you like to do? I know we get jobs b/c we go by what's available, but sometimes you have to look for a job that is in your area of expertise or profession.

That doesn't make you a loser -- NOT AT ALL!
View this differently; try a positive spin on this.
There is a job for you w/your name on it. Be positive and go looking for that job. Your positive energy will draw people to you, so be POSITIVE.

Closed Thread