It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 11:10 PM   #1
(male)

keyboardplaya HB User
Just Want to Thank You Guys

Guys (and girls of course),

I just want all of you to know that this is one place I can always go to for guidance, and it's the easiest way for me to get help and give help, knowing that I've done something to make at least one or two people feel better. And don't think I'm just saying that. Yes, it's two in the morning, but I'm not drunk or on anything, lol.

This is one of the few places on the internet where I don't find petty feuds or cyber-wars between screen names. It's just honest people sharing an honest love for others, and that's what people with depression need. I have not seen any negativity whatsoever on here, except for the occasional broken soul who needs fixing. And you guys always offer that help, no questions asked, unless we need someone to elaborate of course.

I am human, so there are still times when I miss a couple weeks or don't get a chance to read every post submitted, but it's safe to say that everyone here gets at least one glance, and one piece of advice, and one piece of assurance that everything will get better. And while I can't say I intend to have any get-togethers with any of you (it is still the internet), I do consider everyone here, newcomers and regulars, my close friends.

Thank you so much, for everything!

Old 06-08-2007, 06:37 AM   #2
(female)

justlilme HB User
Re: Just Want to Thank You Guys

Wow, you left me speechless! Lemme take a few seconds to regroup...

Thank you, Keyboardplaya, for posting this! This is not the usual post you see on here everyday, but is very well needed among the posts seeking advice. When I first joined, you were one of the first people who was there for me and I consider you an "old" friend (as opposed to those who just join). This board is just what you describe. I love it here and as I told Dakota last week, the people here are my closest and most real friends moreso than my friends in person. Without the people who made this board what it is, I don't know where I would be. A huge THANK YOU to you, Keyboard, and to everyone else on the board.

Keep on spreading the love, man!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2007, 06:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User
Re: Just Want to Thank You Guys

hey key,

you are so right! i feel just the same! i've been on other sites and other boards (not only for depression--not only here on the healthboards), and NEVER has there been one just like this. there were people on others that were actually nasty to each other, and you'd think they'd be good to each other, since they were all in the same boat so to speak. people who didn't pay attention to each other; others who took the leads in most threads; petty fights, it was incredible. but here, when one person has a problem, i've seen how just about everybody "rushes" to try to help that person as best they can. it truly is a supportive community, and i've said it myself that i feel like this is my second family to me. heck, i've talked about things on here that i haven't even talked to my family about. and i've even disagreed on things, but never from a bad place in my heart, you know?!!!

yes, key and lilme, and everyone else, we should all thank each other, even if we don't know each other very well, for all the words of encouragement and support and empathy and kindness we get on here. i know they mean so much to me!!! if there were such words offered in real life, this world and our lives in it would definitely be much kinder and much sweeter.

God bless and hugs to all!

Closed Thread