It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #1
(female)

even_sly HB User
Saturday - Sunday

Hey all. Starting the weekend thread early...

Just about off to bed. My son has a baseball game early in the a.m. Well, they have team pictures at 8 a.m. and then the game at 9.

I did therapy today... It went pretty well. She really, really relaxed me too. Anxiety sucks. The therapist I see isn't a "traditional" one. She's a Certified Holistic Healing Practitioner and a Reiki Master/Teacher. Did the traditional therapy for years... And it worked for me, yes. But this? Really cool, I think. WAIT... It's called transpersonal counseling... I guess that's how people refer to it?

I'm rambling...

I feel like this place is kind of a "home" now. I was a member of another forum for years and years... Thousands and thousands of posts I wrote. But here? Nice people; posting by someone at least everyday; always someone "here" to help you out if you need it. I like that. That's why I came here and stayed...

Off to go night-night... Yeah, I'm OLD. I can't stay up past 10 without serious caffeine! Hehe. HUGS ~ Sly

Last edited by even_sly; 06-08-2007 at 07:25 PM.

Old 06-08-2007, 08:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User
Re: Saturday - Sunday

Today we welcomed our newest granddaughter into the family. So tomorrow I will be watching a couple of the grandkids while their parents pay a visit to the new one. We'll probably go up in the evening. I'll also go to the chiropractor. Sunday we will continue to do yardwork. We are changing our landscaping. It's not an exciting weekend but it will be enjoyable. Hope yours is too. Godbless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2007, 09:41 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

emeraldeyes114 HB User

Marian,

Congradulations of the addition to your family. May your granddaughter be healthy and have much joy in her life. Babies are so wonderful and I miss having one in the family. All of the kids are grown now or teenagers (ok in their mind that equals grown). lol I hope you enjoy watching the grandkids.

Eme

Sly,

I am curious about Reiki and have often wondered just what it is and what it involves. I had meant to get a book the book club is offering but got a different instead. I forgot is more like it.

Eme

My weekend is busy as well and I love it to a point. I get stressed over change and right now I am packed for the trip north. I am going to house and dog sit for my sister while she is away on her trip. So it is many hours in a car which I hate. I get antsy and the trip is a long one. Once there it will be spending a lot of time unpacking and get back into her kind of routine. Luckily I can get to things easier there then here.

Hubby is already missing me and as is our pup. He knows something is up and I fear the state of the house when I return. Hubby works and the weather is so hot and humid he will leave him indoors while he is gone. Though we are taking precautions against his angry chewing. So hopefully the pup and the house will survive till I return.

Other then that basically saying goodbye to the folks around the place. And remembering the things that i do like about it. And trying not to forget anything which I am sure I probably will. But at least my sister has the net so I can read the boards and listen to music for a while each day.

Take care all and enjoy the weekend.

Eme

Old 06-09-2007, 02:14 PM   #4
(female)

even_sly HB User

Hey all. Happy weekend. Had a good day so far... I'm sitting on my porch with my laptop. It's absolutely beautiful out. In the mid-70's... Sunshine. Finally. We've had rain for about a week.

Eme ~ Reiki means "universal energy." A person has to be "attuned" by a Reiki Master Teacher to be able to practice it. It's basically healing through the hands. You place your hands on areas of a person's body and send Reiki energy through your hands... Healing parts of the body and the mind. It's really cool. I've gotten a lot of relief from anxiety through it. If you just do an Internet search you'll come up with hits on it. I would recommend it to anyone with an open mind as far as healing. Oh... Have a safe trip to your sister's place.

Marian ~ CONGRATS on the baby granddaughter!! How cool!

Well, I'm off to find out what my son is doing. My husband went to get stuff to make hamburgers on the grill tonight and our son is out in the front yard with some buddies. I *think* they're playing football...

I'll try to come back and read all the stuff that's going on here. Hugs ~ Sly

Old 06-10-2007, 10:54 AM   #5
(female)

even_sly HB User

Hey it's Sunday... had a nice day outside yesterday. Today? I'm pretty content inside for a while. I got sunburned in the morning while watching my son's baseball game. Just on my legs, though. It's the weirdest burn... I had my legs crossed, so it's part of my shin, part of my thigh and part of my other shin that are burnt. I am sooooooooo fair-skinned. Have to wear at least 30 spf when I go out.

Practice for the high school dance team I coach starts a week from tomorrow. So, I've got tons of organizational stuff to do. Plus I'm trying to do "one project a week" at home. Last weekend I organized the pantry. Today I don't know yet what I'll do. Possibly organize my dresser. I just keep piling things up. Blah...

<---- Have you guys seen this little yawn dude? Cute.

K.os ~ Hope you're having a blast camping.

Hope everyone else is enjoying their weekend. Take care all ~ Sly

Old 06-10-2007, 01:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

marian--what a blessing!!! the best to you and your entire family!! babies are little miracles indeed.

let me tell you--even yardwork can be satisfying; you can find much pleasure in it! you know how some pple find gardening a hobby, even meditative in itself, if you take it easy and take your time, you'll enjoy yourself in the process and at the end.

Old 06-10-2007, 02:01 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

sly--you say you can't stay up past ten without serious caff; girl, i don't even know how you can get up SO EARLY!!! you must really have TONS of energy. where do you get it, and can you send me some???

and i see you never stop~ funny about your sunburn...don't mean to poke fun, but i'm thinking zebra legs...sorry, sorry, it's really NOT meant from a bad place--believe me!!!! it's really a friendly thing, you know i'd never do anything to make anyone feel bad; just the way you described it.... next time you better make sure you slather that sunscreen on any and all exposed areas of your body before you go out anywhere!!!!!!!!

eme--good luck house and dog-sitting for your sis. i'm sorry for your little pup though!! at least it's good you made sure that he'll be ok in the daytime when your husband's at work. it made me chuckle though when you said "So hopefully the pup and the house will survive till I return."

Old 06-10-2007, 07:10 PM   #8
(female)

even_sly HB User

LOL Dakota! I can TOTALLY take it! No worries here... Poke fun at me right and left. I LOVE it!! Hehe. Might as well have some fun, eh? You should have SEEN the sunburn I got in Mexico in April! OMG... Never, never, never use the spray sunscreen when it's windy. That's all I can say. Streaks everywhere... I looked like a freak... Funny, I still do with yesterday's sunburn.

Oh and the energy thing? Well... I'm not sure where it all comes from. I mean, I get tired too. But it's pretty rare... Could be because I'm an exercise-aholic. (Ugh.) I mean, I can't go through the week without doing something every day. Biking, walking, Yoga, lifting weights... I think that's how I keep my energy up.

Also... My neighbor says the same thing about yardwork, Dakota. She loves it... It's her way of meditating sometimes, she says.

Well... It's 9:10 p.m. and time for bed! Hehe. I'll check in with y'all tomorrow.

Closed Thread