It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2007, 09:58 AM   #1
(female)

peachgurl HB User
Took My Very First Prozac This Week

ive made other posts before. ive battled a thyroid problem for a couple of years. had the radioactive iodine treatment...multiple dosage changes of synthroid and still feeling terrible. my doctor prescribed prozac for me this week. is there anything i should know about this medicine? when will i feel better? i also take phentermine although i've gained 40 pounds in a year. im kinda hoping the combination of the prozac and phentermine will act like the old phen phen and help me with the weigh loss. anyone know anything about this? i think if i could get back to my normal weight i'd probably feel alot better about myself and have more energy.

Old 06-09-2007, 02:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

j2006 HB User
Re: Took My Very First Prozac This Week

I took prozac for a couple fo weeks. I liked it but had to come off because my hormones were really off balance.

I felt anxiety at first, but depression was better in a week. I suffer from anxiety and panic so getting the burst of energy was like anxiety to me. So this may be what you are looking for. You need to give it at least 4 weeks to see results. Several people I know are on it and LOVE IT!

I lost weight even only taking it for a short time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2007, 06:18 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User
Re: Took My Very First Prozac This Week

I was on prozac for 10 days. My main problem was anxiety and I should have been put on the med i am on now which is buspar. Like you I have thyroid problems. You don't say how old you are. I have also been going through perimenopause and have certain symptoms from that. I have always felt fatigue since I have had thyroid issues. Also gain weight easier. The prozac calmed me down but I got homicial urges. So I stopped it. Hope you do well on it. Godbless

Closed Thread