It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2007, 03:27 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User
sannah....

hi sannah,

i just read your thread on the ptsd board, "Confrontation reaction -shakiness with intense feelings" and i was taken in by all of it. i'm sorry about that. i didn't really know about you or that you ever felt that way, bec. i guess you never really talked about it on here. you've always been the strong one, the one to whom everyone "ran'' to whenever they have a problem or a crisis. so, i guess us, here, on the depression board, don't know much about you, other than that you conquered your anxiety...

i just wanted to say (again) i'm sorry for our disagreement the other week. i know you'll say it's over and done with, but i feel like saying it, and i am. had i known that you feel the same way i do when you have confrontations with others (although like you, i've been getting a bit better with them, and i've learned much from you about guarding myself and those boundaries that i've also learned from you about), i'd have not been as what i now think as "harsh" in my answers to your questions about me and my reactions to you.

also, like i said on my thread, i felt (and it may not be true) that over the past couple of days something was not quite right with you. i hope i'm mistaken. i hope things are ok with your kids and hubby as well.

also, just wanted to say, please share with us more about you as wel--only if you want to!!!!. we'd love to know more about "sannah" too at least now, i know i have more in common with you (at least in the aspect--confrontations--than i thought). and it feels good to know that!

your friend, D.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2007, 10:48 AM   #2
(female)

jujubeez725 HB User
Re: sannah....

Where's Dr. Sannah?

Just want to say to the good Doctor, that I really didn't know she went through that.
I'm glad she's doing alright.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

mary09 HB Usermary09 HB Usermary09 HB User

Hey Sannah,
I'm looking for you too friend.....it's odd to go a day without hearing from you. Hope all is well....and hope to hear from you!!! How are you feeling these days? I know you were feeling not so well with your new allergy shot....

Carsam

Last edited by mary09; 06-11-2007 at 05:14 PM.

Old 06-11-2007, 05:23 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

ExTra111 HB User

Would that be because our dearest Sannah is busying wiht her kids? They are on summer holiday already, ain't they?

Old 06-11-2007, 06:19 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

I sure hope so Extra......
Just checking in on her....she's very special to all of us on here.....

Hope things with you are well also!

Carsam

Old 06-11-2007, 07:08 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

All my dearest friends! Checking in late because we are at a water park today and tomorrow. Had a great day with the family. Dakota, I actually conquered this "confrontation reaction" with that thread. The PTSD folks helped me with this because they are experts in triggers. I actually didn't have any anxiety with our "little thing" but I was sad about it. Dakota, I have been fine except for my allergy stuff but it has been manageable. Dakota, I still want to talk about how you felt about that incident because I think that it could reveal a lot of helpful stuff that is going on in your head. Talk to you soon.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:15 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Phew!!! There you are!!!
Ha ha, you go to the Water Park for a day and come back, and everyone is looking for you!!!
You are loved girl!!!!!!!

Glad you had a great day, you deserve it. And good to hear you're managing a little better with the allergies. Hopefully as your system gets more used to it, you'll feel even better!!!

Carsam

Old 06-11-2007, 07:43 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Carsam, I do feel loved here as I love here too! Isn't this a great site! My next allergy shot is on Friday and with that I should improve quite a bit. Hope you are settling back into your life in a better place since your retreat.

Old 06-12-2007, 04:17 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by carsam View Post
Phew!!! There you are!!!
Ha ha, you go to the Water Park for a day and come back, and everyone is looking for you!!!
You are loved girl!!!!!!!
yeah, like carsam said...lol

sannah, i was thinking as i was reading those threads--do you think I may have ptsd or something? you know everything i read there is something i could actually relate to, esp. that thread you started?!!

and yeah, i would want to keep up our conversation. i don't know where to start anymore...and you know me, sometimes i want to talk about "me," and sometimes i don't like talking about "me" too much...but i always go back and do talk about it, so i hope it's not going to bother you if i don't respond right away.

so thank god you're good!!!

and carsam, thank god you're good and around here too!

Old 06-12-2007, 08:33 AM   #10
(female)

jujubeez725 HB User
Thumbs up Re: sannah....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannah View Post
Carsam, I do feel loved here as I love here too! Isn't this a great site! My next allergy shot is on Friday and with that I should improve quite a bit. Hope you are settling back into your life in a better place since your retreat.
Well, even the good Doctor has to have a "holiday" LOLOLOLOL!

Hey Sannah!
Glad you're feeling the love in this room You enjoy that waterpark? Sounds like a lot of fun!

Old 06-13-2007, 05:31 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota, I don't think that you have PTSD. For me my anxious feelings were just being triggered from my past. I did all of my work on my boundaries, self-worth, meeting my own needs, etc., but could still get my anxiety triggered. Those good folks over on the PTSD board helped me see that the feelings that I was having today were just from my past so all of the work that I did for today to stop my anxiety didn't work for these triggered feelings. As you know, PTSD is from traumatic events and when they get triggered they dissociate and have major anxiety attacks. I guess I was having mini triggers but I found those on the PTSD board so helpful with this. Did you try any of the stuff that I talked about on that thread to stop the triggering?

So Dakota, what you were saying in your first post on this thread - you were being more upset with me because you didn't think that I was very much like you? Like I was this person coming here saying "do this, try that" and you thought that I was promoting something that didn't apply to you? Dakota, I still want to spank every one of you who say "it's genetic, I can't do anything about this" and one day I am going to show you that you can work your way out of this.

Juju, we had a great time at the water park!

Old 06-13-2007, 08:45 AM   #12
(female)

jujubeez725 HB User
Smile Re: sannah....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannah View Post
Dakota, I don't think that you have PTSD. For me my anxious feelings were just being triggered from my past. I did all of my work on my boundaries, self-worth, meeting my own needs, etc., but could still get my anxiety triggered. Those good folks over on the PTSD board helped me see that the feelings that I was having today were just from my past so all of the work that I did for today to stop my anxiety didn't work for these triggered feelings. As you know, PTSD is from traumatic events and when they get triggered they dissociate and have major anxiety attacks. I guess I was having mini triggers but I found those on the PTSD board so helpful with this. Did you try any of the stuff that I talked about on that thread to stop the triggering?

So Dakota, what you were saying in your first post on this thread - you were being more upset with me because you didn't think that I was very much like you? Like I was this person coming here saying "do this, try that" and you thought that I was promoting something that didn't apply to you? Dakota, I still want to spank every one of you who say "it's genetic, I can't do anything about this" and one day I am going to show you that you can work your way out of this.

You sound like it! LOL!
I want to get on that water park deal, but I don't want my hair getting all wet.

I'll go to a park on dry ground....

Closed Thread