It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2007, 10:30 AM   #1
(female)

even_sly HB User
Monday - What do you want to do?

'Afternoon people. What is up?

I saw my former therapist Friday... I adore her. We've always been sort of "friends" and that's the case now more than ever. Anyway, she was telling me about all the things she's going to do. Got me thinking: What do I want to do? What do you guys want to do... Like by 10 years from now?

O.K. here goes for me:
1. Write books and be a best-selling author (I have one I'm writing now and a couple ideas for others)
2. Take the Yoga training course and become an instructor
3. Travel somewhere abroad

That's all I can think of now ~ When I think of more, I'll be back. What about you guys? Have a great day! ~ Sly

Old 06-11-2007, 10:47 AM   #2
(female)

jujubeez725 HB User
Cool Re: Monday - What do you want to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by even_sly View Post
'Afternoon people. What is up?

I saw my former therapist Friday... I adore her. We've always been sort of "friends" and that's the case now more than ever. Anyway, she was telling me about all the things she's going to do. Got me thinking: What do I want to do? What do you guys want to do... Like by 10 years from now?

O.K. here goes for me:
1. Write books and be a best-selling author (I have one I'm writing now and a couple ideas for others)
2. Take the Yoga training course and become an instructor
3. Travel somewhere abroad

That's all I can think of now ~ When I think of more, I'll be back. What about you guys? Have a great day! ~ Sly
Hey there, Sly!!!

Now you've got me thinking.

There are a few things I'd like to do...
Travel sounds great!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2007, 11:03 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User
Re: Monday - What do you want to do?

hey sly,

this is a good topic!!!

what is the topic of your book, sly? i think that;s a fab. idea!!!!

1. be healthy
2. travel, travel, travel (as much as $$ allows)
3. have a kid (or two)--while being married, of course (OMG, just realized i'll be 46 ten years from now!!!!!!
4. limit working so damn hard (not stop working, but limit it somehow). this may be impossible, but hey, it's a dream.
5. maybe write my "memoirs"??

Old 06-11-2007, 12:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MariaBB HB User

Good topic, makes us focus on something positive

I'd like to write too. In fact, I'm currently working on a history project with a published author. It has been very therapeutic when I'm depressed.

I don't have a lot of interests. I sort of live day-to-day. On a regular basis I like to go to work (ha ha, I know, but it provides stability and a sense of purpose), go to the gym, eat in restaurants and go to movies on weekends, knit, read, work in my yard. Maybe I'll eventually go back to college for some fun classes.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:04 PM   #5
(female)

jujubeez725 HB User
Smile Re: Monday - What do you want to do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota_Skye View Post
hey sly,

this is a good topic!!!

what is the topic of your book, sly? i think that;s a fab. idea!!!!

1. be healthy
2. travel, travel, travel (as much as $$ allows)
3. have a kid (or two)--while being married, of course (OMG, just realized i'll be 46 ten years from now!!!!!!
4. limit working so damn hard (not stop working, but limit it somehow). this may be impossible, but hey, it's a dream.
5. maybe write my "memoirs"??

(OMG, just realized i'll be 46 ten years from now!!!!!!

You're still young! And you're soon-to-be a Mrs. Skye ... now why is it you've got the up there in your post?????

Old 06-11-2007, 02:31 PM   #6
(female)

even_sly HB User

HAHA Dakota! In 10 years... I'll be... GASP... 50!

Oh... My book topic? It's about ALL the things I've done to work through my issues... It's going to be kind of funny - yet, self-help'ish? Part memoir... Kind of an all over the place book... But, there are chapters and each has a meaning and purpose. I'm incorporating poetry/Haiku I've written along with drawings I've done. I AM SO EXCITED to really get going on it. Just have the outline right now... Many of the poems... Some of the drawings... I let it come to me, though. When I feel the need to work on it? I do. No pushing or anything... So, it may actually happen in 10 years!

Maria ~ You've got some good goals there. Keep 'em going!!

Juju ~ You still thinkin? Hehe.

Dakota ~ Have a kid is an awesome goal. I am sooooo blessed to have my little guy. 10 years old and adorable. Last night he said "I'm so lucky to have you and dad as my parents."

OMG... I could just MELT!!!

Old 06-12-2007, 06:45 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChaosAD HB User

Wow, the book thing is really cool Sly.

As for things I would like to do in the next 10 years:
- Married w/ a kid (anyone here could guess that heh)
- Travel around the world
- Get over my fear of flying lol
- Get my Masters

The weekend was good. Though after 4 days of camping it was nice to get back home and sleep in my bed last nt. I even was asleep before midnight and slept pretty good. The weather was great for the weekend. The rain held off till I was already back home in SC. My dog loved it. Now I'm back at work with hundreds of emails to read and only 2 phone messages which is odd. It is amazing to see how much other people rely on you for work heh.

I was able to relax for the most part the whole trip. I did some soul searching and even went through some of my past. It was kind of cool. It never got out of hand with ruminating or missing stuff too much. More sort of what I want to do with the future now based on how I feel and on previous events and people I have learned from. I have a book my therapist recommended on relationships that I will probably order today. I read half of my new book i received on Thursday over the trip. So I will be needing a new one soon heh.

So I decided to jump in the deep end and change my appearance some. Which for me is drastic cause I have that whole caring what ppl think problem. I wavered all last nt on it, but I decided to say what the hell and just do it for fun, who cares what others think. So I dyed my hair and shaved my goatee. I was bleaching my hair, but it didn't do it all the way. I was going to reapply it and get it all the way...but I decided I liked the color it made it and couldn't get that color if I tried heh. I must say though I look 10 years younger w/o the goatee. For girls that might be cool, but to me I look like a little kid heh. So I will let that grow back. It was good to shave it though and change is our friend. Everyone has noticed the change and for the most part it has been positive. The only one to not even notice, or at least say or do anything is...well you can guess no need to tell heh. On that end I could care less though you would think i would get a least get a glance or something since it is pretty drastic heh.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and the week is starting off well.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:23 AM   #8
(female)

jujubeez725 HB User

juju you still thinkin?

Naw, babygirl.
From what I'm reading, I've been where some of you are trying to get. Y'all youngbloods around here.

But, that travelin' thing sounds good. Haven't quite thought of where to....
Now that's what I'll be thinking about!

Old 06-12-2007, 01:50 PM   #9
(female)

even_sly HB User

juju ~ Do it, hon... You travel, k?!

Last edited by even_sly; 06-12-2007 at 01:55 PM.

Closed Thread