It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2007, 10:01 AM   #1
(female)

InHiding1984 HB User
natural help

Hi there, i've been suffering from depression since I split up with my BF (we got back together in feb tho) in december. Work played a big part in me being down, and i never had chance to eat, and a in a year, i lost a stone in weight (which was good coz i am overweight).

When me and my BF got back together I was very happy, but work at the time was alot easier, i was training in another store, not being manager yet.

When I moved to my store, when it opened, I started to get very down because my boss constantly expects too much from you. In my job, if you get anything wrong, you could loose your job. She always asks for a reason as to why i havent done things, and then when i tell her, she says she didnt want to hear any excuses!!! I have recently just stepped down a position at work because the stress was too much. She makes me feel worthless, and that the other guy who has stepped up to my position is the best, and is doing all i should have been doing...

All this aside, I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas about herbal or natural remedies on helping depression and mood swings? I am currently using hormonal birth control, which i dont think helps matters, as people have told me it depletes the source of vitamin B in your body, which can lead to depression and mood swings...so i have started taking vitamin b complex...anyone know of any other vitamins or anything that isnt chemicals, that can lighten my days up?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2007, 10:24 AM   #2
(male)

tobe1 HB User
Re: natural help

I can relate. Seems like alot of places these days that have bosses that are on huge power trips and really don't treat their employees very good. I've in a very similar situation where I took a step down just to get away from a boss that had huge ego and like to throw his power around. I used to be a boss with my company and know you can be effecctive without treating people like crap. Hang in there until you can find something better. As for herbs/natural stuff... have you tried St. Johns Wort? I haven't myself but have heard it works for some people.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
(female)

InHiding1984 HB User
Re: natural help

if i took st johns wort it would affect the effectivness of the contraceptive implant that I used, so i would not take that. I have been taking a B vitamin complex for nearly a week now, and I'm gradualy noticing a slight difference..so I aggree with the research that says about the implant and the pill etc depleting your vit B levels

Thanks for your response tobe1...its nice to hear someone else can relate...Im lucky at the moment, (not lucky for my boss tho) my boss is having family issues, and isnt really gunna be at work all week...so im gunna have a more chilled week! *sigh of relief* The new manager starts in a couple of weeks...so fingers crossed eh!

Closed Thread