It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2007, 10:05 AM   #1
(male)

tobe1 HB User
Depression question

Work related stress was becoming unbearable starting about 1 yr ago. Insomnia, anxiety etc. I was diagnosed with major depression about 8 weeks ago and started on antidepressant. Doc took me off work as that is what I'm depressed/stressed/anxious about....I really hate it! I know, I know, everyone hates their job. I've been with my company 14 yrs and have had some ups and downs but now I just hate my job and the company in general. They were relatively small when I started and have since grown to be this somewhat large money grubbing corparation and work related stress is at an all time high. Not just me, everyone I know there wants out that's how bad the company has gotten. Anyway, is it uncommon for me to still be feeling this depressed after 8 weeks of meds? I'm tentatively due to go back to work this coming monday and I'm really freakin. Insomnia is back and anxiety is really bad and I really don't think I'm prepared mentally to return yet. Please advise

Old 06-13-2007, 01:40 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: Depression question

Normally if an antidepressant is going to work you will notice a difference by the six week mark. It could be the med you are on is not suited for you and/or it is not enough to make a difference. I would call the doc and tell him the med is not working very well and that you do not feel ready to return to work quite yet.

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2007, 07:58 AM   #3
(female)

jujubeez725 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trg247 View Post
Normally if an antidepressant is going to work you will notice a difference by the six week mark. It could be the med you are on is not suited for you and/or it is not enough to make a difference. I would call the doc and tell him the med is not working very well and that you do not feel ready to return to work quite yet.

take care
trg247
Tobe1,

I agree with trg!
Hope you're feeling better.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:24 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

hi tobe,

it isn't necessarily that the drug isn't doing its job!! it's also the major stress of going back to work and the fact that you're already anticipating all the anxieties of having to deal with company again--maybe not knowing what's going to happen. the fact that we take meds doesn't mean we aren't going to feel stress and/or bad because of what's going on around us!!! everyone would feel the same, even if they were not depressed!!! it's normal to worry about these things. you even said it--that you're not prepared mentally to go back--and this is tough after not being there for a while. it's understandable. see how it goes. my best to you. i know the feeling, believe me!!!

Old 06-14-2007, 06:51 PM   #5
(male)

tobe1 HB User

Thanks Skye..very reassuring that there is so many people out there that have or are going thru the same

Old 06-15-2007, 06:09 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

yes, tobe1--it is reassuring, isn't it? there are many pple out there who struggle with work issues and depression. you are not alone!!

Closed Thread