It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2007, 06:28 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChaosAD HB User
Thursday

Figured I would start today's thread nice and early. I haven't been able to check out the boards lately due to work and such. Just have been swamped, which is a good thing. It has helped pass the time nicely.

Stuff has been good lately. Been trying to keep myself busy and have been good at it lately. Being alone has been a lot better lately, esp considering myself just months ago. Still haven't started to venture out and try a lot of new things, but I guess all in good time. I've noticed myself being in better moods for longer periods of time. So as long as that trend continues I will be a happy camper. I've become better at pushing out the sad thoughts and such when they enter lately. Oddly enough they happen a lot more at nt now instead of the morning. Probably because I don't fear coming into work nearly as much as I used to.

Even - I must have missed it, where are you that you have to be away from your son? How long will you be away? 80 outside sounds nice and I can def relate to the cold office. I work back with all the Servers so they have to keep the room really cool to keep the computers cool. I swear cold temperatures just make me tired. So at times it makes it really hard to not just put my head on the desk and take a nap heh.

Sannah - How are the allergies going? Mine seem to be improving, but prob due to the rains we have been having a lot of down here lately. I have even tried not taking my meds the past few days and have been ok with it. Once it stops raining though I'll prob just back on them for a little while.

MariaBB - How is everything going? From what I have read so far it seemed like things were looking up.

jujubeez725 - How are you candy lady? Every time I see your name I think of the candy

Already planning what needs to be done for this weekend. I have LOTS of yard work that has been neglected due to all the rains. My mums will be house sitting for me next weekend while I head to Fla. So I want to make sure i have the house all nice looking before she gets there heh. Plus, The US Open is on this weekend so I will get to do some golf watching while I relax

Hope everyone is doing well!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-14-2007, 07:20 AM   #2
(female)

jujubeez725 HB User
Talking Re: Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosAD View Post
Figured I would start today's thread nice and early. I haven't been able to check out the boards lately due to work and such. Just have been swamped, which is a good thing. It has helped pass the time nicely.

Stuff has been good lately. Been trying to keep myself busy and have been good at it lately. Being alone has been a lot better lately, esp considering myself just months ago. Still haven't started to venture out and try a lot of new things, but I guess all in good time. I've noticed myself being in better moods for longer periods of time. So as long as that trend continues I will be a happy camper. I've become better at pushing out the sad thoughts and such when they enter lately. Oddly enough they happen a lot more at nt now instead of the morning. Probably because I don't fear coming into work nearly as much as I used to.

Even - I must have missed it, where are you that you have to be away from your son? How long will you be away? 80 outside sounds nice and I can def relate to the cold office. I work back with all the Servers so they have to keep the room really cool to keep the computers cool. I swear cold temperatures just make me tired. So at times it makes it really hard to not just put my head on the desk and take a nap heh.

Sannah - How are the allergies going? Mine seem to be improving, but prob due to the rains we have been having a lot of down here lately. I have even tried not taking my meds the past few days and have been ok with it. Once it stops raining though I'll prob just back on them for a little while.

MariaBB - How is everything going? From what I have read so far it seemed like things were looking up.

jujubeez725 - How are you candy lady? Every time I see your name I think of the candy

Already planning what needs to be done for this weekend. I have LOTS of yard work that has been neglected due to all the rains. My mums will be house sitting for me next weekend while I head to Fla. So I want to make sure i have the house all nice looking before she gets there heh. Plus, The US Open is on this weekend so I will get to do some golf watching while I relax

Hope everyone is doing well!

LOL I'm doing great! And you are doing rather well yourself.
How ironic it is that I don't even like that candy--but I love the colors on the box, as well as the name!

Good to see you are just getting better and better!

Where's Even, Maria and the Good Doctor? Where's Mrs. Skye?

Last edited by jujubeez725; 06-14-2007 at 07:21 AM.

Old 06-14-2007, 09:38 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User
Re: Thursday

i'm here beez! been reading some stuff on the web..but this window is open too....you guys are doing too well for me to post in here. i'm gonna be a downer today.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:07 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChaosAD HB User

Dakota_Skye - If everyone was expected to be happy all the time here it wouldn't be the Depression Forums. Please feel free to post any and all. Those of us that are ok right now can direct our focus to those that are in need. It would be our pleasure. It is what everyone does here. That is why we have such a good community.

Last edited by ChaosAD; 06-14-2007 at 10:08 AM.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:17 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

thanks chaos, but when i start, i can't stop... you're very nice, as are the others here. but, since i have my own '"little" thread, i'll stick to that and write my "novels" on there...

glad you're feeling better though and not so anxious anymore!!! much improvement if you ask me!! definitely!

Old 06-14-2007, 10:34 AM   #6
(female)

even_sly HB User

Hey k.os, dakota & juju ~ Good to see you guys!!

K.os ~ I'm just at work all day, that's all. My husband is in real estate, so he works at home. So, my son just feels I'm not around... But I'm at work, ya know? Oh well... He'll adjust. Me working is nothing new to him, but him being home instead of day care is. So, it'll be all good soon. Thanks for asking. Also... I'm glad you're feeling better. Time is a good thing, ya know? I try to always remind myself that when something's bugging me... That I'll feel differently with time. And I always do. Hang in there, man.

juju ~ You don't like candy?!?!?!?! How COULD you, darling!?!? Hehe. Just kidding...

Dakota ~ Bring it on, girl! ALL of it. We'll read it and help you out if we can. No apologies, k? NO way. We're here for you.

Well, wanted to check in... Lunchtime and I'm having the yummy veggie soup they make here. Gonna make some toast too. Love toast.

Son has a baseball game tonight and I'm off tomorrow. Woo hoo!! Looking forward to a day with my little guy. Hugs to you guys ~ I'll be around. ~ Sly

Old 06-14-2007, 10:39 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by even_sly View Post
K.os I'm glad you're feeling better. Time is a good thing, ya know?
Time isn't what has made Chaos feel better IMO. He has been working his butt off dealing his his issues!

Thanks for asking about me Chaos. I get my 4th LDA allergy shot tomorrow so hope all will be well afterwards. Glad to hear that you are getting a bit of relief from your allergies.

Last edited by Sannah; 06-14-2007 at 10:39 AM.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:38 AM   #8
(female)

jujubeez725 HB User

Well I'm glad to see the gang's all here.... Hold up, wait a minute... Where's Maria?

LOL Even! I like candy ... well, I'm not totally in love w/candy, but from time to time, I'll get bite of it. I don't like Jujubee candy though (ain't that a kick in the glass????) I'm partial to chocolate!

Doc Sannah, you keep on working w/those allergies... it may take time, but you'll get your relief; you'll feel better!

K.os, gotta agree.... if we're feeling "upbeat", we'll go encourage anyone who needs it. We all need encouragement from time to time.

Mrs. Skye.... what you say? We're ok right now, but don't leave! Don't just vanish!
You can still crack a joke here and there... I mean, right now, I could stand a few laughs ...

Last edited by jujubeez725; 06-14-2007 at 11:40 AM.

Old 06-14-2007, 06:05 PM   #9
(female)

justlilme HB User

hey...hold up...I'm here, too...

Glad to hear everyone's doing well.

I've just been laying low. I haven't had much energy to talk up a storm, or even a rain drop or two. So I've just been chillin out and about in public enjoying watching people. I saw my family doc today and he wrote on my chart that my depression is due to PMDD. He has no problem taking me off Celexa and putting me on Yaz birth control, but my obgyn is opposed to bc and I'll have to wait until I see her next month. He also said I can take Celexa before and during my period only rather than everyday.

I've also been chugging along in my self-esteem book and making progress. My kids have been such a delight and I think it's because they're secure in knowing that my moods are stable and predictable and they now trust that our home is safe. My daughter has especially blossomed and glows with confidence. My husband's wall is down and he's hardly defensive anymore. Our communication is great and he is a little more relaxed that we're no longer on an emotional rollercoaster.

This is all I want..for my family to be happy and healthy. I guess I'm laying low all around me because I'm concentrating on not falling into the self-fulfilling prophecy trap: I'm happy, it'll never last, maybe because I don't deserve it, so I'll just save the hassle and screw it up myself. I feel myself fall into this vicious cycle, but I just try very hard to concentrate on the progress we've made and the joy our home now holds. I hope I can hang on.

So much for a small hello. I guess I got carried away chatting. You all have a nice weekend and Father's Day! I'll be graduating, yay.

-lilme

Old 06-15-2007, 05:01 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Lilme, you have evidence all around you that things are better. You have been discussing some good issues here and I assume you have changed the way that you view these issues. I don't think that things are better for you because of luck or anything else other than you have been working on the issues that have been causing you problems previously. Once you have worked on an issue it cannot be taken away from you. If another issue comes up I am sure that you will work on it like you have the others. You are in control here and you are doing a good job. Now feel the satisfaction from your work and feel the confidence that you did it.

Old 06-15-2007, 07:33 AM   #11
(female)

jujubeez725 HB User
Talking Re: Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlilme View Post
hey...hold up...I'm here, too...

Glad to hear everyone's doing well.

I've just been laying low. I haven't had much energy to talk up a storm, or even a rain drop or two. So I've just been chillin out and about in public enjoying watching people. I saw my family doc today and he wrote on my chart that my depression is due to PMDD. He has no problem taking me off Celexa and putting me on Yaz birth control, but my obgyn is opposed to bc and I'll have to wait until I see her next month. He also said I can take Celexa before and during my period only rather than everyday.

I've also been chugging along in my self-esteem book and making progress. My kids have been such a delight and I think it's because they're secure in knowing that my moods are stable and predictable and they now trust that our home is safe. My daughter has especially blossomed and glows with confidence. My husband's wall is down and he's hardly defensive anymore. Our communication is great and he is a little more relaxed that we're no longer on an emotional rollercoaster.

This is all I want..for my family to be happy and healthy. I guess I'm laying low all around me because I'm concentrating on not falling into the self-fulfilling prophecy trap: I'm happy, it'll never last, maybe because I don't deserve it, so I'll just save the hassle and screw it up myself. I feel myself fall into this vicious cycle, but I just try very hard to concentrate on the progress we've made and the joy our home now holds. I hope I can hang on.

So much for a small hello. I guess I got carried away chatting. You all have a nice weekend and Father's Day! I'll be graduating, yay.

-lilme

Hello J.Lilme!

That's wonderful news, sweetie!
Keep up the great work your doing on yourself... isn't it rewarding?

Old 06-15-2007, 08:04 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChaosAD HB User

J.Lilme, that sounds awesome!

Old 06-15-2007, 12:23 PM   #13
(female)

even_sly HB User

ROCK ON, justlilme... You're doing GREAT!!!!!

Closed Thread