It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-16-2007, 07:40 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Mokie HB User
going back to theraphy. not sure if good idea

hello. so i made an appointment with my counselor for next week. i stoped seeing her because of finances. gets rather expensive to set there an talk about how ya feel for an hour.

last time i saw my psychatrist she suggested i go back to theraphy. i just don't know what good it will do. i'm so tired of talking about how i feel anyways. just the thought of going back now...even if its just this one time....it making me get all freaked out again. i dont know. i want to go and then again i don't. i was going to leave a message today to cancell it but then i thought i'll think about it some more. it really doesn't matter if i want to go anyways. i dont' want to spend the money to set there an talk.

for the most part i've been doing good. i guess. well, whatever. i should go to bed.

Old 06-16-2007, 07:47 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: going back to theraphy. not sure if good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mokie View Post

for the most part i've been doing good. i guess.
Mokie, this is good news! You must have made the appt. for some reason and especially if you are afraid to go this says something about your need to go.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-16-2007, 08:15 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Mokie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannah View Post
Mokie, this is good news! You must have made the appt. for some reason and especially if you are afraid to go this says something about your need to go.
thanks. theres stuff i could talk about. i dont know. its just the thought of going back. i wonder what my counselor will think. i feel like she will judge me for quiting in the first place. so i dont know. i'm to tired to think about it. i stiil might cancel the appointment. right now i should go to bed i guess.

Old 06-17-2007, 06:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mokie, why would she judge you? You can certainly tell her you stopped because of finances. Do you think that you are the first client to stop counseling and go back? If you felt compelled to make the appt. just follow through at least once?

Old 06-17-2007, 07:52 AM   #5
(female)

even_sly HB User

I agree with Sannah... She won't judge you for quitting due to money. But if you really feel uncomfortable, can you see someone else? (((((hugs)))))

Old 06-17-2007, 08:44 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Even if it is quitting because a person doesn't want to deal with it at the time, the therapist still won't judge. They know that people go through periods of denial or just not wanting to deal with the issues. The therapists should just be glad that the person is back and wanting to try. I myself feel this way all the time here. I see people come and they don't want to deal with things and then they leave and then they come back. I am always so glad just to see them back and ready to try again.

Old 06-17-2007, 10:22 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sannah View Post
Mokie, why would she judge you? You can certainly tell her you stopped because of finances. Do you think that you are the first client to stop counseling and go back? If you felt compelled to make the appt. just follow through at least once?
Mokie,

I agree with Sannah here. She won't judge you, be sure of that!!!
She'll probably be glad you're back!!!!

Old 06-18-2007, 08:53 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

Mokie HB User

thanks for your encouraging posts . i did end up cancelling the appointment. perhaps i am in denial. i dont' know. right now its a money issue.

(sigh)

Old 06-19-2007, 06:15 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

ChaosAD HB User

If it is a money issue then you may want to check into other avenues. I know my therapist worked with me and money. Also, I was able to go to a few sessions for free through my companies health insurance plan. I completely understand the money issue, but they are ways to help that and most therapists can help or suggest ways/places to help. They are there to help you and if they can't they will gladly point you in the right direction for your needs.

Old 06-19-2007, 09:08 AM   #10
(female)

Toffee1 HB User

Hi Mokie,

I am really sad to hear that you cancelled your appointment. I can relate to you totally. I was very unsure whether to go back to counselling and therapy after two failed attempts that did not work and where I could not be totally honest, I thought will it make any difference. I also have the concerns about money but I came to the decision that I needed to do something I was getting worse not better and soon I would make myself really ill and I bit the bullet and looked into seeing a counsellor again.

I was very nervous and anxious for the first session - I knew she would never judge me but I was worried that she would be good and would open up painful memories that I was trying to bury. But actually going to that first session made me realize that I wasnt ready back then and I didnt have the right person. Now I have found the right person I think I will gradually get better.

Inregards to money - I just had to find it - my health was more important. Please reconsider about going - whatever it takes, however you can do it. Dont feel like they are there to judge you - it just wasnt the right time for you - and now obviously is. Also why should you worry about what they think anyway - why should their opinion be important. Just think really strongly about what you do now - it is your decision but from my experience - it was the right thing for me to do to go back to counselling I wasnt coping on my own.

Warm Wishes x x x

Old 06-19-2007, 10:25 AM   #11
(female)

even_sly HB User

Mokie ~ I once worked with a therapist on a payment plan kind of thing. She charged me $25 a session while both my husband and I were off work.

Many therapists are really open to that... They realize you can't pay the full amount or whatever... But want to help you. How long have you known this therapist? Would they be open to something like that?

Old 06-19-2007, 11:56 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Mokie, have you checked with United Way?

Closed Thread