It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2007, 07:01 PM   #1
(female)

julie39180 HB User
Question yasmin for depression w/pms/pmdd

hello,
anyone out there take or have taken yasmin for depression w/pms/pmdd?
i on day 4 of yasmin, i also take cymbalta 60 mg and have been on that for almost 2 months. any info would be great!
looking forward to hear from anyone??????

Old 06-21-2007, 09:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User
Re: yasmin for depression w/pms/pmdd

HI, I don't take Yasmin for depression for PMS, but I am a Yasmin user and have to say that I don't really get ANY PMS at all! So I think it's pretty good for preventing depression or mood swings around that time of the month. I also take Cymbalta as well. I was taking 60mg but was exhausted after a few months of taking it still, so I had to go down to 30mg. I felt like I went downhill after that.. I could definitely tell the dosage went down and I had a bad week... but now things are getting better so I must be getting used to it! I hope the Yasmin works out for you. It has helped me with so much and I love it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2007, 07:44 PM   #3
(female)

julie39180 HB User
Exclamation Re: yasmin for depression w/pms/pmdd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tUrRrRa View Post
HI, I don't take Yasmin for depression for PMS, but I am a Yasmin user and have to say that I don't really get ANY PMS at all! So I think it's pretty good for preventing depression or mood swings around that time of the month. I also take Cymbalta as well. I was taking 60mg but was exhausted after a few months of taking it still, so I had to go down to 30mg. I felt like I went downhill after that.. I could definitely tell the dosage went down and I had a bad week... but now things are getting better so I must be getting used to it! I hope the Yasmin works out for you. It has helped me with so much and I love it.

hello,
thnks for the reply, well i have been on the cymbalta for about 2 months and i finally have gotten over the side effects, except i seem to stay really tired and feel like its getting me down and sleep, hmmm, i have no idea what that is...... so, i think im going to wing myself off the cymbalta.... im not depressed all the time, just when its 2 weeks before my period i get real depressed and aggravated, mean, ect... i used to be on cymbalta 60 mg at the beginning of last yr. and the med. worked for about 6 months and that was all, so i got off of it.. i have been on all kinds of anti. depressants and nothing ever seems to work and it makes me so mad and feel very hopeless... and whats really bad, it when the dr. says, "WE HAVE TRIED EVERYTHING AND NOTHING SEEMS TO HELP AND I DONT KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO!" so, that depress me more.... she has alwaz wanted to put me on BC pill but i have my tube tied b/c of yeast infections so i really didnt wanna go that direction. yeast infections every month is no fun... so i decided i would go ahead and give them a try... i was going to try them with the cymbalta but we will see if it works without them and if not., i have no idea what else to do....
sorry so long but i guess i needed to rant....... thnks

Old 06-24-2007, 09:06 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

luckygem13 HB User
Re: yasmin for depression w/pms/pmdd

I LOVED Yasmin! My mood was sooo great and I took it with no breaks, never a period ever. Unfortunately, I got blood clots in my legs, probably due to age, I was 44 and had to stop. HTH

Closed Thread