It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2007, 02:56 AM   #1
(female)

hopeful96822 HB User
to feel ALIVE

I'm new here.

I've seen therapists. I'm on Prozac. I have a great husband now. He wants to have kids. I think I do. I remember a time when I thought it was what we were supposed to do. You know. Go to school, establish yourself, get married, have kids, etc. But so much of my free life has been shattered by signs "it ain't gonna happen", that I've gotten used to it.
(What are these darn smilies on the side bar for? One keeps jumping up and down).

I realized something last week. I realized that I have no ambition because I'm just going to end up dying.

My husband recently told me that he and I can go to China for a conference he has. I thought, "why? I'll go there when I'm dead". Save money, time, effort, all that stuff. That was my blue angel talking. My orange-yellow angel said, "ignore her. go for it". Then I realized that maybe I might get the short end of the stick when I actually get up there.

What if God says, "no, you didn't allow yourself and your loved ones to experience enough with you, so you are denied all things you thought you could do". Wouldn't it be nice if He actually gave me advance notice? His email address would be great!

Greece, Italy, sky diving, bungee jumping, surfing big waves in Bali. All those things I figure I can do when I'm dead and I'd have more fun because there would be nothing to lose.

I also figure that I'll find out the truth behind the Kennedy assasination and if aliens really exist. I'd find out about all of those things in due time.

But what if.

Maybe Heaven will not be all that cinema has portrayed it.

So... I've asked God to inspire me.

Children. I'm sure that it is a good tool for inspiration. I don't want it to be the only reason to have them. You know. To just fullfill my clinical needs. That's selfish.

Maybe if God, or someone who has been to Heaven, can tell me what I need to do and experience while I'm alive, it will help me to go forth.

But then that brings me back to my point. When we die, do all those things really matter? Is there someone up there keeping score? Will they have a pair of virtual goggles that will replay my days at anytime I want?

Of all things in this world I want, the one thing is to be inspired, motivated, ready. Okay, that's three things. But all within the scope of what I am in need of.

I want to live. I want to feel ALIVE.

Do you have any suggestions via personal experiences?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-21-2007, 04:02 AM   #2
(female)

bonnie381 HB User
Re: to feel ALIVE

when i was younger i felt similar to you only i had a fear of death and whats the point of it all.never wanted children to experience the life i had as a child etc. but my view changed when i found my partner, he is my soul mate a gift send to me, to help/guide me. with support i too went into counselling, my fears were stopping me from experiencing the wonders of life.opened my eyes.
my husband has had two near death experiences and i feel he sees life in a new light. i went on to have two children, it is hard work, but you see all the wonderful things they do that will make your heart melt at times.
if my job in this sad world is to be a good mother and wife and true to myself then i have achieved a great deal. i am though looking forward to my end time, to experience what others say is heaven. but thta can wait for now i have too much to do.
hope this helps. good luck in whatever path in life you choose xx

Old 06-21-2007, 06:19 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

bonnie,

God bless! that's a wonderfully inspiring post!!!

hopeful--take the inspiration, girl. for now, all we have is THIS moment!! LIVE IT!!!

Last edited by Dakota_Skye; 06-21-2007 at 06:20 AM.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:12 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

positivity17 HB User

Hopeful, You say you want to live and to feel alive....depression will zap that from you, make you feel negative and not want to participate in life. Force yourself as much as you can to do those things now!! Sometimes I'm just going thru the motions, dancing and smiling when I want to be buried under a blanket, eating food that has no taste, spending time with friends when I have nothing to say......there's nothing like experiencing life without depression but try not to let it win!! Try to ignore the voice that tells you to wait till your dead......you deserve TO LIVE and FEEL ALIVE.

Old 06-23-2007, 02:26 AM   #5
(female)

hopeful96822 HB User

Thank you.

Closed Thread