It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2007, 05:03 PM   #1
(female)

fdpty4 HB User
the Lexapro chronicles, with xanax added

...started Lexapro 7 days ago. Days 3 and 4 I actually was feeling better, Days 5-7 have gotten progressively worse. I don't know if my problem is anxiety or depression or both (which came first the chicken or the egg syndrome), but I did notice today that although my anxiety is worse (compared to day 1), I'm not as bummed about it. Woke up with a dreadful "oh God do I really have to get out of bed today?" feeling. I also have a bad ringing in my ears and everything sounds muffled.

i sure hope things get better...

Last edited by fdpty4; 06-23-2007 at 12:21 PM. Reason: to add a more descriptive title as to the contents of the posts

Old 06-22-2007, 12:53 PM   #2
(female)

mycatwillow HB User
Re: the Lexapro chronicles

Hi

If it's only been 7 days, you need to give the drugs more time to see if they will work, unless the side effects become unbearable.

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-22-2007, 01:23 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

positivity17 HB User

fdpty4: Lexapro helped me for about a year and I remember my ears ringing but it was never bad enough that I had to stop taking it. Usually the side effects lessen with time and that's always been the case with me. Within 2-3 weeks you will feel the full effects of the medication. Good Luck!

Old 06-23-2007, 12:18 PM   #4
(female)

fdpty4 HB User
Question Re: the Lexapro chronicles, with xanax added

...thank you for your replies. I called the doctor's office yesterday because I was so nervous feeling and my muscle tension was worse. The nurse said the doc said to stop taking the Lex and come in next week, and in the meantime prescribed .25-1 mg xanax a day as needed.

I'm going against doctors orders and continuing the Lex and also taking .25 xanax as needed.

Years ago I tried a LOT of different SSRI's and could never tolerate them because of the gastro effects. I haven't had that with Lex (I did the 1st few days but it went away quick), so I'm hesitant to just stop it.

I was addicted to xanax for about 6 years and it was awful awful awful to withdraw from, but I had to because it gave me bad memory problems. I have absolutely no desire to use it regularly, but assuming the nervousness and increased anxiety from the Lexapro is just a side effect that will go away, I'm willing to use it for a few weeks.

Was I wrong to go against doctors orders?

Old 06-26-2007, 08:37 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

positivity17 HB User

I'm sure you must know that you're playing with fire, be very careful, you don't want to end up where you were once before with being addicted!!!

Closed Thread