It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2007, 07:59 PM   #1
(female)

craniopt HB User
Depressed and Ashamed

Ok, Im know, or I am pretty sure I am depressed from being sick, But I m actually ashamed to admit Im depressed. Family and Friends try to help by getting me out of the house but I don't care to. IM really not sure whatto do, I'll admit I may depressed to myself, but I dont want others to know.....Sorry Ya'll, Just gettin it off my chest...If you read all my post, you'll understand where the depression comes from! But damn is it hard to deal with....Nothing makes ya happy?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2007, 08:08 PM   #2
(male)

keyboardplaya HB User
Re: Depressed and Ashamed

Listen to me when I say this. There is NOTHING to be ashamed of!

Seriously, you know you're not the first person in the world to be depressed because of an illness. It's very common and you should admit it to your friends and family if that's what you need to deal with your feelings. After that, you should realize that you have all of these people around you who care about you getting better. You're very lucky to have that, because it's harder to come by a caring family than you think.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

luckygem13 HB User

I was ashamed at first but once you tell one or two people it gets easier and you won't be so ashamed. Screw the stigma, get youself the help you need and deserve. Antidepressants saved my life. Now that I have mostly good days when I do mention it to people, I get nothing but love and support in return. Most people are very good hearted and I have never (much to my surprise) had anyone look down on me for it. Good luck to you and please tell your Dr about this <3

Old 06-24-2007, 07:39 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

ExTra111 HB User

At first, I thought I was the only one who got that depressed and so I was really ashamed with myself... but I agree, once you have told a couple of ppl, you would soon find out a lot of people around you who have been / are going through depression, or at least you wont be the first person for most of them. And yes, all you would get by telling people is supports and cares, well mosy people. So now instead of my friends thinking I am just moody and miserable, when they see my moods change or I go totally silence, they know why, and they would either leave me alone or ask me if I need any help... whereas in the past they would just think I didnt want to be with them... like today, we went to a leaving party of a very good friend of mine, and I had to leave before the end of it, they tried to hold onto me, but I said I really want to go home, they didnt even asked or anything, they just told me to look after myself... so I guess it's good to tell your friends about it, not that to expect any support, but at least they wont be pushing and would at least understand you when your moods change... and sometimes I think certain ppl need to know about it, otherwise after a while, they might really end up thinking you dont like them rather you actually hving a crisis with yourself... some ppl are very sensitive...

Last edited by ExTra111; 06-24-2007 at 07:40 PM.

Old 06-25-2007, 02:45 PM   #5
(male)

noelc1 HB User

I have been to my doctor recently and i also am depressed,
I found it hard to go to him as like you i am VERY ashamed of it and will not tell anyone about it, as i feel very ashemed, embarresed and a failure for having it,
I would not mention it let alone admit i have it!

Noel.

Closed Thread