It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2007, 01:41 PM   #1
(female)

solostar HB User
I feel so sad... don't know why

Hello everyone, I've been feeling so sad lately and I don't understand why? I feel so unwanted in this world, I can't seem to shake that feeling. I drag myself to the point that I have no more energy left before I can go to sleep and during the day I'm very moody. At times I seem to be fine and than I become sad again. Why do I feel so unwanted, like I'm so extra and that no one really cares about me at all.
I don't know what's wrong, nothing dramatic happened in my life lately and everything seems to be fine but I just feel that I want to be alone, I don't want to be bother. I don't want to talk to anyone... because no one cares how I feel.
Can someone tell me if they experience the same kind of feelings like this just out of the blue and what can I do to get rid of this feeling?

Thank you

Old 07-21-2007, 03:10 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MariaBB HB User
Re: I feel so sad... don't know why

It sounds like you're suffering with depression. Have you ever looked into therapy or support groups. I'm depressed right now, so I don't know how to tell you to beat it. Maybe see a movie or go for a walk. Sounds silly, I know, because I don't think I could drag myself out of the house right now either.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2007, 06:23 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

positivity17 HB User

Depression can make oneself very isolated. If you can force yourself to be around people sometimes it can pass, otherwise all I can say is be gentle with yourself. Try to make sure that you eat. If you're not in counseling I recommend it. I'm totally down right now so know that you're not alone but do get help if these feelings persist. Good luck!!

Post again and let us know how you're feeling.

Old 07-22-2007, 06:53 AM   #4
(female)

Shanghaid HB User

Hugs to you- yes, I too was in the same situation for 13 years. I finally found a doctor after quite a few tries who finally got me on the right combo of meds and it is a total turn around. No it wasn't easy, and it was a struggle, but it can happen. I was with a doctor who would only put me on one med at a time and would and did not believe in a combo of meds, though I knew I needed them. I found on who agreed with me, and now I am functioning at a level that I never have before- no I am not cured, nor ever will be, but I can now get through my days without feeling that the end is the only release. Please hang in there- keep fighting even though you feel it is useless- it never is. I was finally put on an antidepressant, a mood stabilizer, and an anxiety med- and finally found the right combo. It may have taken me 13 years, but let me tell you- those 13 years were a lot of learning experiences, hard times, and fighting to keep myself around, but now it was all worth it as I know I fought and won my battle with the meds- and it is a big boost to the ego to know that I never gave up on myself when I was the only one fighting for it. Please know that you are cared about and that we want you to fight for yourself- and don't give up- you are worth the time and the struggle to get well. Keep going to a doctor until you find one who will listen and offer to work the meds with you- I did and I am so glad that I did. Hugs and love to you- and remember- I too thought I was at the end of it all- and somehow just kept putting one foot in front of the other and trudged on as it was all I could do. I hope you too will keep striving for the right help.

Old 07-23-2007, 01:43 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

positivity17 HB User

Shanghaid, do you mind sharing what meds you are on exactly??

Old 07-23-2007, 07:50 AM   #6
(female)

Shanghaid HB User

I am on 40mg of prozac, .5 mg of clonazepam twice a day, .5 mg of risperdone- and the clonazepam we are slowly working up- but so far am doing very well at the second up dose - so will see what happens. But it was a total turn around- and I now feel like a normal person- who is finally living for the first time in my life. I went through all the anti's and none worked by themselves- I was also med sensitive, or med resistant, and prozac and celexa are then only ones that worked out for me in a small way- but celexa packed on the pounds- so I went back to prozac, and with the added meds, I am doing well and almost feel bad for feeling so good- as I can remember feeling like this since I was about 10 and am now 42. And I know a lot are still struggling- but it can come to a happy balance- and it just took a lot of fighting for myself, a lot of research, and a lot of just putting on foot in front of the other even when I didn't want to. And when I say that I mean- going from the bed to the couch- and I took that as a big advancement- I used all the small advances as big ones for me- and did not try to be too hard on myself- if I accomplished something even like brushing my teeth- I told myself that I was doing better. So hope this helps- and gives some a little comfort in knowing that even small things we do are really major accomplishments for us- and we need to give ourselves credit. hugs to you all.

Old 07-24-2007, 01:59 PM   #7
(female)

if009 HB User
Question Re: I feel so sad... don't know why

hi i am aoife and i have it for the past 2 years and i no how it goes up and down its a bad dream so keep going and i no u can do it

Old 07-24-2007, 09:01 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

positivity17 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanghaid View Post
...and I now feel like a normal person- who is finally living for the first time in my life.
That's great to hear, it gives me hope anyway that better days are ahead, chin up, thanks for the positivity.....

Hi aoife, how are you coping with all of the rainy weather? Does it add to the depression?

Closed Thread