It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2007, 09:26 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

MariaBB HB User
Finally Friday!

Friday again, and I am looking forward to the weekend. Last weekend my husband was away and I got hit with BAD depression. I would have felt bad even if he was around. I’m hoping I’ll be able to enjoy this weekend.

After 17 days, I saw my therapist last night (he was out of town). I told him I’d been fighting my eating disorder, but it wasn’t going well. I suffered crippling depression 3 weekends in July. If I don’t eat I feel happy, as soon as I try to gain weight I get painfully depressed. At first I didn’t realize the connection. I don’t know if I want to trade starving with intense depression. He said, unfortunately, that was part of the recovery process. So I’m planning to eat this weekend. I stood on the scale this morning and am at the lowest weight I’ve been. It’s not a new low, I’ve been here before, but not in a month. I was surprised as I don’t feel thin and thought I was doing better.

Many thanks to these boards (and ExTra) for keeping me company when I was really down last weekend. Who knows what I would have done to myself otherwise.

I haven’t heard from my mom since I skipped my grandma’s funeral last week. (We weren’t close and I don’t get along with my family.) I’m guessing my mom is mad at me. That’s OK, I’d rather have the silent treatment than the guilt trip.

Hope you all have a super weekend! Stay busy and stay happy.

Last edited by MariaBB; 07-27-2007 at 09:28 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2007, 11:34 AM   #2
(female)

jujubeez725 HB User
Re: Finally Friday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaBB View Post
Friday again, and I am looking forward to the weekend. Last weekend my husband was away and I got hit with BAD depression. I would have felt bad even if he was around. I’m hoping I’ll be able to enjoy this weekend.

After 17 days, I saw my therapist last night (he was out of town). I told him I’d been fighting my eating disorder, but it wasn’t going well. I suffered crippling depression 3 weekends in July. If I don’t eat I feel happy, as soon as I try to gain weight I get painfully depressed. At first I didn’t realize the connection. I don’t know if I want to trade starving with intense depression. He said, unfortunately, that was part of the recovery process. So I’m planning to eat this weekend. I stood on the scale this morning and am at the lowest weight I’ve been. It’s not a new low, I’ve been here before, but not in a month. I was surprised as I don’t feel thin and thought I was doing better.

Many thanks to these boards (and ExTra) for keeping me company when I was really down last weekend. Who knows what I would have done to myself otherwise.

I haven’t heard from my mom since I skipped my grandma’s funeral last week. (We weren’t close and I don’t get along with my family.) I’m guessing my mom is mad at me. That’s OK, I’d rather have the silent treatment than the guilt trip.

Hope you all have a super weekend! Stay busy and stay happy.
Hey Maria!

It's been a while since I've been on these boards, so I decided to drop by and give a little "hello".

I'm sorry you had it so rough! WOW! But look at you now. You've made it through. Good work!

You keep on working on the good eating thing.
Shoot, my problem is, I stay so busy I don't get a chance to eat!
Glad to see your post up here, Maria.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:43 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

NVD HB User

Hi JuJu...It's great to see you around! I guess it's a good thing you're not needing to hang around the "depression" boards. Hope you're doing well...
Amber

Old 07-27-2007, 11:47 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

MariaBB HB User

I'm also glad you've been doing well. I hope everyone has a great weekend. If you "tank" come in here. Everybody is great and really help me when I'm down.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:19 AM   #5
(female)

even_sly HB User

Hi guys! I'm sorry I haven't been here as much as I'd like. It was cool seeing a Friday check-in, though!

Heading to a party... Then I *hope* to stop back and read/write more.

HUGS to all! ~ Sly

Old 07-28-2007, 02:09 PM   #6
(female)

mycatwillow HB User

Hi,

Yesterday was busy. Taking it easy for the rest of the weekend.

Old 07-29-2007, 12:47 PM   #7
(female)

alliepie HB User

well... friday I woke up at 4:30 in the morning and couldnt go back to sleep. My car started gushing radiator fluid and wouldn't accelerate on my way to work. So, I had to have it towed. When I was waiting for the tow truck I looked in my trunk to see if needed anything. . . I found out that my trunk is flooded with water. My first therepy session was friday as well.. it was ok. Very emotional. All in all... my friday was awful. Hopefully the rest of my weekend will be better.

Closed Thread