It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2007, 06:06 PM   #1
(female)

MsMafioso HB User
New to Wellbutrin

I just started Wellbutrin today and I feel like my heart is about to pound out of my chest.
I've had bad depression and anxiety for years and found that I loved Remeron but unfortunately the weight gain became too much. Now I've started Wellbutrin and honestly, it scares me.
I've been on Prozac, Paxil, Luvox, Remeron and now Wellbutrin.
I do take xanax twice a day but with this kind of anxiety from the Wellbutrin I feel like taking 4-5!
I guess my question is, does this anxious heart-pounding stop? Or is it always a 'speedy' kind of drug?

Last edited by MsMafioso; 07-29-2007 at 06:13 PM.

Old 07-29-2007, 06:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: New to Wellbutrin

Hi:

Wellbutrin definately has a kick to it. It will effect your sleeping if you take it to late in the day. Generic Wellbutrin comes with its own problems. I say call your doctor and let him/her know and go from there.

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
(female)

MsMafioso HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trg247 View Post
Hi:

Wellbutrin definately has a kick to it. It will effect your sleeping if you take it to late in the day. Generic Wellbutrin comes with its own problems. I say call your doctor and let him/her know and go from there.

take care
trg247
Yeah, I definitely don't think it's for me. I can't handle anything speedy. I'm tempted to go back on Remeron but I dread the weight gain.

Old 07-29-2007, 11:20 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

positivity17 HB User

Hi MsMafioso. I've been taking Wellbutrin for 3 weeks and the anxiety I first got from it did dissipate. But I have to say that prior to that I didn't have a whole lot of anxiety, mostly days of deep depression. Hope this is helpful to you. BTW I should tell you that I couldn't take Remeron b/c it totally knocked me out, to the point that I couldn't even get out of bed. Good luck with this!

Old 07-30-2007, 05:50 AM   #5
(female)

mycatwillow HB User

Hi,

I loved Remeron. I gained a little weight on it but not too much, but it stopped working. I still take it but my docs added trazodone and effexor to it.

I did try Wellbutrin years ago, but hated it. I already had problems with anxiety and it made it much worse. But when it works for someone else, it seems to work really well. The only thing you can do is tough it out to see if the worst of it passes and if it doesn't move on to the next drug. I know that might sound discouraging, but don't worry, there are lots of drugs out there that you haven't tried yet. I've been on 13 different antidepressants drugs (and the occasional anti-anxiety med) and I still haven't tried them all.

Good luck.

Old 08-01-2007, 08:00 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

If you take Wellbutrin in the morning (earlier than lighter), can you sleep fine at night? After getting off of Cymbalta I find it difficult to fall asleep and I end up staying up for a long time and being so tired in the morning when I have to get up. Cymbalta made me gain some weight and I stopped before it got bad... it also was not helping my moods unless I took a higher dose, but the higher dose made me exhausted and very dizzy. I actually hit a car in front of me from not being alert enough when coming home from work! That was enough.. I cut the dose down, but it wasn't working. I definitely want to look into something different and something that makes me energized.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:15 AM   #7
(female)

tstone333 HB User

I'm new to Wellbutrin XL, too. I just started it yesterday morning and aside from my heart feeling a little "racy," I feel fine. I was a bit worried about being able to sleep last night, so I took one 0.25 mg Xanax. I will try to sleep without any help tonight. I don't even know if I would have had trouble sleeping, but I didn't want to take any chances.

History: I am also on Zoloft (200 mg per day). I know that's high, but my depression 7 years ago was so severe that I had to keep increasing my dose until I felt better. I've been at 200 mg all this time and my libido is GONE. I have no history of depression, just that one bout. So, my goal is to get onto the Wellbutrin and taper down the Zoloft gradually. I may not even need the Zoloft any more. I am 46 and entering the peri-menopause phase, however, so it is a good idea to have some sort of safety net, thus, the Wellbutrin.

I do believe that the side effects dissipate after a time on the medication. That's what I'm hoping for and I am thinking positively here. Can't hurt.

Closed Thread