It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2007, 02:48 PM   #1
(female)

H79 HB User
Question Effexor and Hydroxycut

Hello everyone, I'm not sure if this is the right section of the boards but this is the section I frequent most so...

I was wondering if anyone who is taking Effexor has taken Hydroxycut? I have gained about 20 pounds since starting antidepressants and no matter what I do, I can't seem to lose the weight. I first started with Lexapro and now I'm on 75 mg of Effexor - which is working just great. I've changed my diet, don't snack as much as before and I even exercise. No, I don't exercise on a regular basis because things come up and I'm not always able to. However, I thought that with just cutting down on snacks and adding SOME exercise I would be able to lose a pound here and there, eventually losing the 20. I'm just not having any luck. Then I though about trying Hydroxycut. The thing is, I know you're not usually supposed to mix anything else with your meds...if anyone can give me some advice, I'd really appreciate it. Basically, I would just like to know if it's safe to take Hydroxycut along with my Effexor.

Old 08-01-2007, 04:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: Effexor and Hydroxycut

Hi:

I would check with a pharmacist or a doctor. It is my opinion that this would be a bad idea. A lot of those products act like a stimulant that gets the body going and more importantly your metabolism going. Effexor kind of acts like a stimulant so combining it with a powerful stimulant sounds like it would be too much and put your anxiety level through the roof. I gained over sixty pounds when I went on Zyprexa since I stopped taking it last December I have lost over forty pounds and I get maybe an hour of excercise a week. The key for me was all snacks were now oranges and I would only eat oranges after supper, instead of pop I drank water and thats pretty much how I have done it.

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-01-2007, 07:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I'm also interested in finding this out. I have taken hoodia pills with green tea, but they often make me feel a little dizzy so I can't take them all the time. The problem is, whenever most doctors hear "diet pill" they won't even listen or even look at the ingredients.. they automatically say you shouldn't take them!

Old 08-02-2007, 03:38 PM   #4
(female)

H79 HB User

Exactly, tUrRrRa. I know I'm not obese or anything but many of my clothes just do not fit me anymore and the only thing I can attribute the weight gain to is the Effexor. It's doing wonders for me so I don't want to switch to a different medicine.

Maybe I just need to find more time for the gym or drastically change my eating habits, although, they're not bad. I hardly snack and I've cut down to one soda a day. I use Splenda instead of sugar...I just don't know what else to do and it's annoying.

Old 08-02-2007, 05:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Seymour93 HB User

I hate to say this....calories coming in matters most.

Good luck.

Old 08-02-2007, 08:09 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Even when monitoring you calories, some medicines still make you gain! It's not fair. I eat 1200 calories a day and have seen a nutritionist. I will count them out, not just estimate. I do work out as much as I can. It's just not fair when you try so hard and end up gaining or not losing anything at all.

Closed Thread