It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2007, 10:13 AM   #1
Veteran
(male)

Therag HB User
I feel I have no charisma

I feel that I have nothing appealing about me, I feel boring and there's no way girls would want to date me; Some guys have all the luck regardless of the way they look because they have a large personality, and I have nothing.

Old 08-03-2007, 11:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

MariaBB HB User
Re: I feel I have no charisma

I agree that even the ugliest guy can woo a woman if he's a smooth talker. I'm socially awkward and never dated until I met my husband. You may feel you have no charisma, but surely you have interests. Dive into what interests you and I bet you'll come alive! I often feel out of place because I have no interest in "normal" things like sports, politics and pop culture. But if you get me talking about history or religion I glow like a lightbulb. Try focusing on what you really like and I bet you'll find your a lot more charasmatic than you think.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-03-2007, 02:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Seymour93 HB User

Your personality is suppressed when you are depressed. Being the life of the party is not all it is cracked up to be anyway....

Old 08-03-2007, 04:29 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Survivor3 HB User

Women like self confidence. Work on feeling good about yourself.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:25 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

thaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB User

Yeah! Women like self confidence and humour too and a kind heart and a kind face. They also like people who respect them and show an interest in them and are not chauvinistic or antagonistic or full of themselves and selfish and arrogant. Surely you are none of that! If you were, you wouldn't be writing here complaining that you "have nothing".
Work on developing the qualities you do have rather than fretting about what you think you havent! AND CHEER UP.

Old 08-04-2007, 11:38 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Therag HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaliak View Post
Yeah! Women like self confidence and humour too and a kind heart and a kind face. They also like people who respect them and show an interest in them and are not chauvinistic or antagonistic or full of themselves and selfish and arrogant. Surely you are none of that! If you were, you wouldn't be writing here complaining that you "have nothing".
Work on developing the qualities you do have rather than fretting about what you think you havent! AND CHEER UP.
I don't like people telling me to 'cheer up' it sounds patronising and if I had a switch that could do that I wouldn't be posting on this site would I!?

Old 08-04-2007, 04:29 PM   #7
(male)

Breezes HB User

I don't get the feeling charismatic, center stage types do too well with lasting relationships. Down to earth seems to be more popular. My impression is a good sense of humor is at or near the top of many wish lists. Making each other laugh sparks attraction.

Old 08-04-2007, 06:08 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

MariaBB HB User

There are so many "playboys" out there, and to me that is a major turn off. Down to earth, nice guys are more my speed. It may seem like over confident guys get lots of girls, but I'd focus on quality not quantity. You seem like a good guy to me.

Old 08-05-2007, 03:38 AM   #9
Veteran
(male)

Therag HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaBB View Post
There are so many "playboys" out there, and to me that is a major turn off. Down to earth, nice guys are more my speed. It may seem like over confident guys get lots of girls, but I'd focus on quality not quantity. You seem like a good guy to me.
You know how good I am? This girl has been hounding me for the past month literally offering sex on a plate. I don't feel we have much in common hence not much chance of a relationship so I brush her off, because I don't want to take advantage.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:38 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Seymour93 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaliak View Post
Yeah! Women like self confidence and humour too
Agreed.

Closed Thread