It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2007, 05:47 PM   #1
(male)

Botcho HB User
Feeling worse on an anti-depressant(Remeron)

I have been on Remeron since March of this year.
The med is great for putting me asleep, but that is about it.
I am starting to question it's effectivness, and wonder if there are others out there that feel the same.

The next morning I feel terrible, anxious, jittery. I feel this way throughout the day. In the evening I feel better.

I am starting to question wether or not it's the Remeron making me feel this way.

It's supposed to make you feel better right? That's the whole idea of taking this chemcal......

Any other non believers out there, maybe not a non beliver, but feel the way I do?

Old 08-05-2007, 06:05 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ExTra111 HB User
Re: Feeling worse on an anti-depressant(Remeron)

The same type of med might not work for everyone, even differnet dosage makes a different. This is wht my docs told me anyway. It can take up to 6-8 weeks to start have any effect, if nothing happens, or if you feel you are getting worse, I would go back to your doc and see if you can start another type or just adjust the dosage, it might make a big different. But it means you would probably have to start all over again in terms of waiting for the meds to work, but it doesnt always neccessary take 6-8weeks that long. I have been on the same type for like 3 months now, nothing is happening, and both my docs are not keen on changing the med, they just simply upper the dosage, and I do feel a little better... sometimes... nto sure if it's right for me yet. They believe I would be better off waiting for a bit longer than starting a new AD and wait for another couple of months, and I kind of agree with them. But at the end of the day, it really depends on how your body reacts to certain types of meds and it is up to you whateveer decision you make. Good Luck

ExTra

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2007, 08:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

Hi:

I have been on Remeron at 60mg for two years or so. I also take Effexor, Wellbutrin, Lithium and Temazapam. When I first started to take Remeron it was mainly a booster to the sleepind med and also for the antidepressants never a stand alone med. The people I know who have been on it use it for the same thing and that is to fall asleep and any antidepressant effect is just a bonus. Right now Remeron will not put me to sleep or make me tired in any way and I really doubt it does anything for my depression. My doctor would have taken me off but I have massive sleep issues and I guess he sees it as a simple solution instead of upping the Temazapam or trying another sleep med. This is not a long term effective med, chances are your doctor will boost the dosage or add another med to the mix.

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 08-06-2007, 04:04 PM   #4
(female)

Elle11 HB User

I have suffered from depression for 15 years and have tried many antidepressants. Call or go to your doctor SOON and ask him to work with you on which medication is best for YOU!!!!! If you have a good doctor, his concern is your state of mind....if you don't, please find one.

Concerned for you,
Elle

Closed Thread