It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2007, 08:45 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User
Help - I guess

I'm sure only the moderators will post, but how do you find suicide prevention hotlines? I'm there. I'll hang around as long as I can - stupid network connection keeps dropping...

Old 08-05-2007, 08:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: Help - I guess

here you go the national numbers

1-800-784-2433

1-800-273-8255

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-05-2007, 09:03 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

Thanks, copied and pasted.

Old 08-05-2007, 09:06 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

Dammit, my dog wouldn't come out on the 16th floor balcony with me and now he insisted on jumping into my lap. Dammit, he love me...

Old 08-06-2007, 07:45 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Lilc, I hope you are alright today. Keep posting.

Old 08-06-2007, 06:16 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

orchardlady HB User

Lilc, how are you doing? I assume there is a reason you asked for the phone numbers. Can you share anything with us (the board members) that we can possibly help you with as far as some feedback to you?

Carolyn

Old 08-11-2007, 10:59 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

Wow. I had typed for 20 minutes. I was attempting "full-disclosure". Then I must have accidentally hit the wrong key-combo, and it is completely gone.

That's the second time I've completely lost the "pouring-out-of-my-heart". Guess it isn't meant to be...

I'm still here, I'm still on the edge, I'm still bound to earth by my dog's love.

I feel the worst about putting him through this, I know he feels my desperation...

It isn't fair to ask you for help. I'm grown (50 years old). I ought to have friends, family, acquaintances I can talk to. For most of my life I've been nicknamed things like "Sunshine", "Sweetie", "Angel", been considered fun and funny, smart, compassionate, caring, loving. But I no longer have one single human being I can talk to. I've cut them off, just like I've tried to shut off my feelings. That was a bad idea, but at the time it seemed like the prudent survival plan.

WORD: don't stuff it. It is ugly, it is toxic, it remains to be seen if it can be reversed.

I want to ask for help, but am not sure I can bring myself to do it. What is going to happen?

I'm so sorry to bother you. Guess I should journal so that someone might find it when I'm gone. Guess I don't, in my heart of hearts, want if to go that way..............

Old 08-12-2007, 04:42 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lilc, there is nothing wrong with asking for help. I used to be very independent and then I realized I was this way because I didn't trust anyone else to depend on them. I guess the key is to know who to trust? What's going to happen if you ask for help? You just might find it (help)?

Last edited by Sannah; 08-12-2007 at 04:43 AM.

Old 08-12-2007, 06:08 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

orchardlady HB User

Lilc, just pick up the phone and call!! Pour you heart out to whomever answer the phone. The person on the other end of the phone would rather listen to your story.

I put my family through an attempt at suicide in 1985, I will never forget it. Today my grandchildren keep me grounded to planet earth. The images of their parents telling them I left are too much for me to bare. The word "Why?" echos in my mind.

Just pick up the phone and call, please!!

Carolyn

Old 08-18-2007, 08:23 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

Hey, All:

I thank you, so very much. I'm still here. things have stablized somewhat. Problem is, I can be going about my business and some little thing will make me do a right-angle turn over the edge again. What a lot of fun I am.

Here's part of the problem: I seem to have trouble articulating my thoughts and feelings orally, particularly over the phone. So I write. (Recently I've written some doozie documents, most I've deleted, but not all.) It's pretty frightening to go back a couple of days later and read how very angry I am.

Saw my neuro this week regarding my recent MRI results. Seems the MS has been "stablized" by the meds I've been on for two years now. This is good. The report also stated "consistent with MS". The thing is, with this disease and the relatively mild case I have, it is tough to get to full acceptance. So that "consistent with MS" statement is STILL a kick in the gut. I'm sure this fact, along with the more recent, apparently permanent symptoms I have, contribute to this whopper depression I'm fighting.

I thank you, you let me come here, even though I behave so badly. You care, I can feel that, and I am so very, very grateful.

Upgraded my wireless network today. The old equipment kept dropping me, and it was so slow. Maybe now there'll be one less frustration for me and I can stop by a bit more often, when I'm NOT at the end of my rope!

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-19-2007, 12:00 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lilc, you sound much better!

Old 08-20-2007, 08:07 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

Better, yes. Much better, well, that depends on the moment.

Hey, Sannah, how are you? Tell me something about you. I really do care.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:31 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lilc, I grew up with a self-absorbed mom who neglected (emotionally) my sisters and I. My dad was much better but he didn't really step all the way up to the plate for us because he had his own problems (anxiety, and low self-esteem to name a few that I could see). This caused a lot of problems for us. My two sisters still have major problems. I was able to turn my life around with therapy. I started therapy almost 20 years ago. Had about 20 appts on and off over 10 years as issues came up. I worked on self-worth, boundaries, meeting my own needs, social skills, my anxiety, and intimacy problems (I think that that is the whole list!). I have learned so much about myself and these issues over the past twenty years so now I come here to share and help others. I was never depressed but the issues I worked on are so common here on this board.

I have been married to a wonderful man for the last 15 years and we have 2 elementary aged girls. My husband and I also had to work out some issues over the length of our relationship. I am not close to my immediate family but I do see them. I am closer to some aunts and cousins on my dad's side, thank God. I am a stay-home mom. I have acquaitances and we have couple friends but I have never really had a close "best friend" before and I am working on this. I have realized that the relationship that I had with my mom led me to not trust women. I have really realized this and have been working on it over the last year or so.

Can't think of anything else to tell you. Ask any questions that you wish.

Old 08-22-2007, 03:38 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User

Sannah, you frankly sound like a great "best friend" candidate! (I have issues regarding "best friend" too, will share at a later date.)

It's pretty amazing how tough it is to "undo" things we got from our parents. My relationship with Mom was pretty bad, up until the last 6 months of her life. She's been gone 6 years and my perspective is so different now. Seeing Dad without Mom has given me much insight into where I got the bulk of my disfunction!

Have you perchance, over the course of therapy, had to deal with rage?

Old 08-22-2007, 05:11 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Lilc, I never had to deal with rage, not even anger actually.

Last edited by Sannah; 08-22-2007 at 05:11 AM.

Closed Thread