It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2007, 01:18 AM   #1
(male)

Jason27 HB User
Harder to meet females?

When I was younger and a hot model all I had to do was look at a girl and she would throw herself at me. Now I am 27 and even though I am told to still be attractive I notice everywhere I go every girl looks like they are in their own little World and don't even glance at me. It seems the only way to meet females is going downtown into the clubs but that is just not my scene. I tried meeting females online but it seems all of them have a ton of issues which is the reason they have to go online to meet others. Since I am a business owner I am usually working at home and never have an excuse to interact with others. This is really weird considering how many new girlfriends I would have per week when I was younger I am not a player at all I just had a lot of female friends who liked me. Any other ways of meeting females? I have the confidence and knowledge to get a girlfriend but I am not sure where to find a single female. Maybe it is just the way my city is since it seems every girl has a kid and a man.

Oh and even though I am 27 some guys who I play basketball with who are younger thought that I was in my thirties. At first I thought they were joking but some others have said the same so I wonder if females think that I am an old guy which is why they ignore me? Two years ago people thought I was 19 and now they think I am 35. I am not sure if it is because I act older and mature or if I look run down.

EDIT

Oops I posted this topic in the wrong forum.

Last edited by Jason27; 08-06-2007 at 01:22 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2007, 04:07 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

thaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB User
Re: Harder to meet females?

Hi Jason!
Do you really mean it when you say you are looking for a girlfriend?
No matter how old you look a good looking guy is a good looking guy!! For some girls the older, the better as well!
Where do you meet girls?
At the gym, a sports venue, games or at a coffee shop, or pub, or bar, if you try to frequent there at the same time every day or whatever.
Also, if you have a pet, this is another good excuse to talk to girls in the park .I am sure you know all these.
But, I was wondering, have you by any chance developped any off putting attitute or look arrogant or selfish? Because this is a sure turn off. Sometimes, handsome men give out an I-am -the-only-one-and-i-am-difficult- to- approach signal. Or girls are scared to get really close because they think that handsome men are rarely a one- man woman. So try to work on the opposite of the above, if you think you may give out such an image.
Because, I am sure you know, that the kinder, the politer, the more generous and humorous a man is, the more girls he gets. And try not to look at pretty women , when they pass by, because this is another turn off point to any girl who has dared go out with you....!!! Ah! and don't talk about your past successes with women either. But then, I may be old fashioned!
Good luck.

Old 08-06-2007, 04:57 AM   #3
(male)

Jason27 HB User

Thanks for taking the time to respond thaliak Yeah it may just be this city but every girl seems like they are not interested in anyone. In the other cities I have lived in girls would be smiling and flirting with every guy. Here every girl looks completely focused on something and you could almost run into them and they wouldn't even stop to look at you. I usually do nice things such as open the door for them and they would say thanks and walk past without any other interaction.

On the other hand I must admit since I am biracial some people cannot tell what race I am so is it possible these females only prefer caucasian men?

Last edited by Jason27; 08-06-2007 at 04:58 AM.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:08 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

thaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB User

I still instist Jason,
A good looking guy is a good looking guy, biracial or not. On the contrary, I would say that the mixure makes very interesting features as well.
Just continue with being kind and polite and try to make eye contact with a girl you like and the rest will be history.

Old 08-06-2007, 05:10 AM   #5
(male)

Jason27 HB User

Sure thing. But it is a weird feeling to give someone you like the eye and they all turn away.

Old 08-06-2007, 11:22 AM   #6
(male)

Jason27 HB User

Hello, it is not a particular girl I mean girls in general. I am not a weirdo or anything heh. If a girl is not interested the first time I accept that. When I look in the mirror I think I still look young which is why I am surprised they said 35. I do not necessary need a girlfriend but it would be nice to have someone to go out with every now and then. I wanted to see the Transformers movie but didn't want to go to the theatre alone while all of the couples look at me since I am the only person alone in the whole theatre.

Last edited by Jason27; 08-06-2007 at 11:23 AM.

Closed Thread