It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-07-2007, 01:57 PM   #1
(female)

blackberry1978 HB User
Question antipsychatics and pregnancy(abilify)

hi
I was diagnosed with major depression with psychatic features 6 years ago.I am taking abilify and I am currently stable.I got married 2 years ago and now i want to have a baby . I am very worried about being pregnant and taking an antipsychatic drug at the same time.Is there anyone have been pregnant while taking abilify?and how was the outcome? also if you had an experience with another antipsychatic please share it with me...

The Following User Says Thank You to blackberry1978 For This Useful Post:
LorraineL (07-22-2012)
Old 08-07-2007, 04:46 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: antipsychatics and pregnancy(abilify)

Hi:

You will probaly find more luck in the bipolar forum, that seems to be a drug that is regularly used for them

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-11-2007, 05:35 PM   #3
(female)

Serra HB User

I am not taking that medication, but I am currently taking Desipramine for depression and I am four months pregnant. I discussed getting pregnant with my psychiatrist and OB before going forward. I was very adament that I needed to stay on medication while pregnant. I did this because the last time I was pregnant I went thru emotional hell and didn't wanna go thru that again. I suggest discussing this with your doctor. Let him know that you would like to remain medicated. It is not a hopeless cause, I promise. I did have to switch drugs in order to remain pregnant, but I did it. It was tough, but we're both doing pretty well so far!!

Old 08-13-2007, 11:10 AM   #4
(female)

blackberry1978 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra View Post
I am not taking that medication, but I am currently taking Desipramine for depression and I am four months pregnant. I discussed getting pregnant with my psychiatrist and OB before going forward. I was very adament that I needed to stay on medication while pregnant. I did this because the last time I was pregnant I went thru emotional hell and didn't wanna go thru that again. I suggest discussing this with your doctor. Let him know that you would like to remain medicated. It is not a hopeless cause, I promise. I did have to switch drugs in order to remain pregnant, but I did it. It was tough, but we're both doing pretty well so far!!
thank you for sharing that...

Old 07-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #5
(female)

LorraineL HB User

I am in the same boat. Want a baby but super worried about stopping any medications. Talking to my doc but forums like this really help

Closed Thread