It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007, 06:12 PM   #1
(female)

shellshell82 HB User
weaning off of zoloft (pregnancy)

Hi everyone,

Today I started weaning off of Zoloft. I'm 7 weeks pregnant (according to ultrasound) - 8 weeks since last period. I was trying to feel okay about taking so many drugs during pregnancy (taking Metformin for PCOS and Zoloft as well), but then I couldn't help feeling guilty about it. I talked to my GP and she was happy for me to try weaning off of Zoloft, with the intention of coming completely off at 12 weeks, if things go okay with the pregnancy and with my being on a lesser dose of Zoloft.

I'm still on a mega-dose of Metformin. Am trying to reason with myself that the docs have to decide which is going to cause more potential damage to my bub - the drugs or the effect of not being on the drugs - and for most of them, they think the effect of not being on the drugs is potentially worse.

I'm kind of anxious trying to wean off of Zoloft - I've felt great on it - but I think (I hope) it is the right thing to do, and I hope it goes smoothly.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2007, 09:44 AM   #2
(female)

tstone333 HB User
Re: weaning off of zoloft (pregnancy)

Congrats on your pregnancy! I am in the process of beginning to wean off of Zoloft. I started Wellbutrin last week and I feel fine. I am on the maximum dose of Zoloft, so I will wean very, very gradually. My psych thinks I may not even need the Zoloft anymore. I had one bout of depression 7 years ago and never had a history of depression before that. I will keep you posted about the weaning process. I also felt great on the Zoloft....it was a miracle drug for me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread