It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2007, 11:05 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

orchardlady HB User
Loss of freedom to come and go as I please

...is not fun in any way, shape or form. I am in my third week of no driving privileges due to a seizure I experienced on June 19th. Actually, realistically it is seven weeks, but I have only been out of the hospital since July 11th, hence the three week count. The psychiatrist who oversees my antidepressant meds signed the disability paperwork last Thursday, so I finally got all the necessary paperwork to the county transit authority and have some transportation now.

It is so hard to not hop in the car and go wherever, whenever. And, the isolation is horrible. I feel like there is a world outside, but I can't get to it. Having to rely of others for assistance is not something I relish doing, nor do they like the obligation to help me; e.g. my busy daughter. Just a phone call a couple of times a week would be nice to have, "How are you doing mom? Do you need anything?"

Tomorrow I will call to arrange a pickup for Tue and Thurs mornings next week to get to my daughters to watch kids so she can get to work on time those two days.

I am trying to maintain perspective on the situation, but it is hard to do every hour of the day. I know this is a temporary issue...I just don't know when it will end. If I didn't have my stitching to keep me occupied I don't know how I would maintain. I did tell Dr.Jim today that I hate life and getting out of bed every day. Of course, he has heard those words before from me...nothing new for him. I am beginning to get back into staying up all night working on my websites, which is a bad habit to get back into.

Enough whining from me for now, thanks for listening,
Carolyn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-10-2007, 12:10 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

thaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB User
Re: Loss of freedom to come and go as I please

Carolyn,
I am with you. We all are!
This is a hard thing for you and I truly sympathise. I cannot imagine what it is like not to be able to have the freedom of driving. But take heart ,my dear. You have been trough worse.. This will pass too. Everything does, one way or another...What's important is that we are here, alive, struggling, sometimes suffering, sometimes being pleased and peaceful and happy...

As for staying up all night, it's ok. So, what! We all have long sleepless nights when we count sheep, or the stars ,or do housework! It will pass. Do not forget other things have passed too. Have faith..
We are all here. We are not going anywhere!
God bless you

Old 08-10-2007, 12:48 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

positivity17 HB User
Re: Loss of freedom to come and go as I please

Carolyn, being isolated is bad enough for a so-called "normal" person, it is doubly so for depressives who need outside interaction. Hang in there! Soon enough you'll be back on the road and it will seem like this time never existed --I hope!!! And the night hours (it is nearing 4am as I type this!!) just like you got into the habit you can do the same with getting back on schedule. Go easy on yourself.

Closed Thread