It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2007, 03:48 PM   #1
(female)

beachday HB User
Stomach Help Here.

I am reposting a stomach post because this might help someone. If you have stomach reactions or stomach problems, try these natural and very effection solutions:

These things that should be in everyone's food cabinet for stomach help:

ginger - the nausea terminator. it's amazingly effective, better than many nausea RX medications. it also helps bloating, gas pains and general stomach distress. you can buy candied ginger, ginger tea or ginger root. a must in the food cabinet and in your backpack or handbag.

Anise seeds - digestion aid

blackberry leaf - digestion aid and helps diarrhea

chamomile - stops stomach cramping/diarrhea, but some people are allergy sensitive to it as it is related to ragweed. also used as a sleep aid.

peppermint and spearmint tea - same as above, but no allergy problems
[celestial seasonings 'tummy mint' tea is chamo + mint, a great mix]

black licorice root - helps diarrhea and acid reflux

finally,
get a relaxation DVD or read Dr. Andrew Weils's books, and do breathing exercises. this can calm nervousness which can intensify stomach problems, and you can rule nothing out when it comes to stomach distress. during stress of all kinds, the stomach is often the first to react and the last to feel better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2007, 02:42 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Seymour93 HB User
Re: Stomach Help Here.

Bananas work for upset stomach.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2007, 05:29 PM   #3
(male)

Breezes HB User

Cocoa is another good remedy for diarrhea. Extra dark chocolate is a good source. It has no milk and much less sugar than regular chocolate. Cocoa has been successfully studied for several health conditions. It might have an antidepressant effect as well.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:12 PM   #4
(female)

jendg28 HB User

That new yogurt called Activa. I have 2 containers daily and after about 2 days, my chronic diarreah caused by my meds went away. You have to continue eating it though or it will come back. Better than immodium ad

Closed Thread