It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
(female)

leoball80 HB User
Feeling WORSE on AD's normal?

I am on my 9th day of paxil and I have been feeling bad. I have been feeling depressed, anxious and bored of everything. I heard that at first your AD's can make you feel worse before better...how long does that go on for? I thought it was only supposed to be for a few days but it's going on my second week now and I still feel bad.

Last edited by leoball80; 08-13-2007 at 04:17 PM.

Old 08-13-2007, 05:08 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

ExTra111 HB User
Re: Feeling WORSE on AD's normal?

Hi there, generally, it can take between 2-6 weeks for any ADs to have an effect. And not all ADs suit everyone, so if you are on a wrong one, then it just simply won't work. It is a bit of a trial and error. But since you have only been on it for a few days, just stick with it for a little longer and see if you would feel any better. You might experience some side effects like feeling more anxious or sick, but it should subside within a couple of weeks. If you still feel bad or worse after a couple of weeks, then you coudl go back to your doc and have a word.

I have been on mine for like 2 months now, the dosage has been adjusted, and still nothing, both my doc and care worker think I should give it longer just in case it works... everytime they say it, I would go "what the Fxxx??", but we dont have much of a choice...

So hang in there and keep your fingers cross...

ExTra

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2007, 08:07 PM   #3
(male)

rose_5-HT HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoball80 View Post
I am on my 9th day of paxil and I have been feeling bad. I have been feeling depressed, anxious and bored of everything. I heard that at first your AD's can make you feel worse before better...how long does that go on for? I thought it was only supposed to be for a few days but it's going on my second week now and I still feel bad.
AD's side-effects are HELL. And they can make you more depressed too.

Take MAGNESIUM instead, it is very safe and you will feel the powerful antidepressive effect of it within 2 hours. I suggest you take 1 gm/day.

Old 08-15-2007, 12:48 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

If you feel MORE depressed since taking your antidepressant, you should call your doctor. While side effects are common at first and often take awhile to get used to, you should not be feeling more depressed. Call your doc.

Old 08-15-2007, 07:23 AM   #5
(female)

even_sly HB User

I agree... CALL YOUR DOCTOR. If you're feeling more depressed, it's a sign that this med won't work for you. After 9 days you should be feeling better, not worse. Take care !! (((((hugs)))) ~ Sly

Old 08-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Survivor3 HB User

Sure. Anti depressants can make you feel worse. Talk to your doc and make a change.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:56 PM   #7
(male)

Roche87 HB User

I took effexor back in January whatever happened It didn't help. That is for sure. I have SAD. I don't know if it was that setting in or the freaking pill. It was in my system about a little over a month(Not sure how long but I was taking 75)

I think it may have been the pills. I crashed. Been recovering from that crash ever since.

I have other issues, such as Social anxiety, plus Im not the happiest person in the world.

I take zoloft(on 150mg now).

I hate my doctor. Honestly.

The other guy I see who I just talk with is okay though.

After this I am not taking(relying on) any AD's anymore. It doesn't help with my social anxiety. Zoloft works for me though. Im just going to get a day light.

Im not going through this sh-t over and over again. I still will keep zoloft around just in case. Especially in those winter months.

Old 08-15-2007, 04:53 PM   #8
(female)

leoball80 HB User

As of right now I no longer feel worse, I just feel as bad as I did before taking paxil. I feel bored and empty and I am still struggling with an eating disorder. I should ask to switch to wellbutrin. I am feeling no difference on paxil, I just feel empty..but then again I always have. My next doctor appointment is in a month. I will give it time and see if it kicks in since it's only been 10 days. But if by then it doesn't, I'm going on something else.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:49 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

index.html HB User

Just an FYI... Wellbutrin is contrindicated with eating disorders. For some reason, having an eating disorder increases the risk of seizures.

I hope you start feeling better soon!

Old 08-16-2007, 04:27 PM   #10
(male)

Roche87 HB User

That could all have been you though, I know its really hard to get a straight answer with this thing.

Id wait it out for a bit(unless it is unbelievably unbearable then I would get off it right away).

Its only been 10 days, its a slow process. The drug needs time to build up in your system.

Like someone else was saying with the eating disorders, Does the person you see know about this? Maybe you shouldn't be taking it.

Old 08-17-2007, 02:06 AM   #11
(female)

jendg28 HB User

If you don't take the meds regularly, they won't work. It's not "pop a pill and I'll feel better today". You have to take them everyday. Plus, the withdrawl from antidepressants can be pretty uncomfortable.

Closed Thread