It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2007, 06:28 AM   #1
(female)

mrs anxious HB User
Could this be depression?

I check these sites out quiet a bit but rarely post. My husband has been rather lethargic of late even if he has had lots of sleep, i.e after work he will have a nap. He has some restless nights also and is unable to sleep, he talks about death on a regular basis and is nto affraid to die, although when i try and talk to him about this, he goes,"oh i am only joking", he sighs alot also, almost like a pet would with contentment. He has mood swings also but not very bad, he has been to the g.p who sent him for a blood test, these have all come back clear, not thyroid, liver or diabeties problems, but he did mention that he could be depressed, i am so unsure what symptoms somebody depressed should have or be like, but he is not suicidal or anything like that and he is quite happy at other times, but can be like up one minute and be down very quickly the next. I guess the only reason that i am posting this more then anything was that Friday we had a bit of tiff nothing major just the odd words, and then he told me that he hated me and did not think he loved me anylonger, i tried to also confront him with this yesterday and he just said to me, "why cant you just hate me?", then tells me he no longer wants to be married and is not sure if he loves me at all, i feel rather mixed up with all of this and am very hurt, but i think that if he has some form of depression then i would rather help him, it does not make sense because he will then speak to me on the phone and avoid all of these things altogether but will be as though nothing has been said by him , i am sorry if this is rather mixed up but this is making me feel this way, any responses would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2007, 09:31 AM   #2
(female)

Jocelyne HB User
Re: Could this be depression?

It sounds like your husband has some problem(could be a depression) and when he is angry about that problem, he tries to put his anger on somebody else. If you feel like this is an unusual behaviour, then there is something wrong. He might have some emotional breakdown. Although he might be depressed, saying he does not love you anymore or asking you to hate him could be a sign of "something on the side". You should have a serious talk sometime in the evening, and you should ask him all the questions you have about his behaviour and ask him why he feels that way. If he will talk, you'll get some info which will help you decide what to do next, esle you might consider having a therapist.

Old 08-14-2007, 11:41 AM   #3
(male)

bellissimo45 HB User

it sounds like it might be depression. maybe he dosent really realize what is going on? try to talk to him about how it might be depression and express your concern. good luck

Old 08-14-2007, 12:58 PM   #4
(female)

jendg28 HB User

When you said he's "up one minute and down the next", just how "up" are you talking about? If he's overly happy, it might be worth it to do some investigating into Bipolar Disorder. Just do a basic search on ****** for Bipolar Disorder and you should be able to find plenty of infomation. Good luck.

Old 08-14-2007, 03:01 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Seymour93 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs anxious View Post
I check these sites out quiet a bit but rarely post. My husband has been rather lethargic of late even if he has had lots of sleep, i.e after work he will have a nap. He has some restless nights also and is unable to sleep, he talks about death on a regular basis and is nto affraid to die, although when i try and talk to him about this, he goes,"oh i am only joking", he sighs alot also, almost like a pet would with contentment. He has mood swings also but not very bad, he has been to the g.p who sent him for a blood test, these have all come back clear, not thyroid, liver or diabeties problems, but he did mention that he could be depressed, i am so unsure what symptoms somebody depressed should have or be like, but he is not suicidal or anything like that and he is quite happy at other times, but can be like up one minute and be down very quickly the next. I guess the only reason that i am posting this more then anything was that Friday we had a bit of tiff nothing major just the odd words, and then he told me that he hated me and did not think he loved me anylonger, i tried to also confront him with this yesterday and he just said to me, "why cant you just hate me?", then tells me he no longer wants to be married and is not sure if he loves me at all, i feel rather mixed up with all of this and am very hurt, but i think that if he has some form of depression then i would rather help him, it does not make sense because he will then speak to me on the phone and avoid all of these things altogether but will be as though nothing has been said by him , i am sorry if this is rather mixed up but this is making me feel this way, any responses would be appreciated.

Clearly he needs professional help. Mood swings are common with unipolar depression..... He should have a full evaluation by a psych and counselor.

Good luck

Old 08-15-2007, 11:57 PM   #6
(female)

mrs anxious HB User

Thank you all for your replies, i know it sounds rather mixed up, which is why i am very confused. I have not found the right time to actually talk to him yet but i guess no time is the right time. You can see that there is something there that is bothering him as it is written all over his face, and all he does is sleep. He does not feel unwell in any other way, i will check the web on the info you have given me and hope that he will speak to me thanks again for all your help

Closed Thread