It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2007, 07:56 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Trg247

Hey Trg, this thread is about what you said before about the inner child work. You said that you have read a lot about it. Reading about it and actually doing the work are very different IMO. When you say that you really dislike that little boy that you were, well, IMO this is a major obstacle for recovery. I was talking to one of the regular woman over on PTSD once and it came up that she really disliked the little girl that she was. We talked about it a bit and we talked about the inner child work. She actually worked on this and learned to accept, love, and comfort that child and her recovery just skyrocketed from there. I was actually quite amazed and impressed! Previously she would wander about these boards frantic frequently and after this she was completely different. She wrestled with it for about two days over this first, however. IMO disliking your inner child keeps you from being a whole person. It is like you are two different people. How can anyone cope without being whole? Also, being able to comfort that inner child is basically taking care of yourself. If you can learn how to take care of yourself this will be the first time that you will feel truly taken care of. This is huge IMO.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread