It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2007, 12:23 PM   #1
(female)

ICF HB User
Over emotional or depressed?

Recently i have been extremely down even after a really good day. It's mostly in the evening and when i go to bed i just get the urge to cry that i cannot fight. I end up crying myself to sleep most nights now especially in the last week. I feel down and cant make an effort to do anything to get out of it, i just slowly spiral downwards. I feel like i need someone to bring me out of it as i cannot do it myself but then i just push everyone away and dont want to talk. It's ruining things from me and i dont want to end up clinically depressed.

If anyone has any advice it would be gratefully recieved!

Old 08-14-2007, 01:16 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

Therag HB User
Re: Over emotional or depressed?

Depression tends to be at it's worst in the early in the morning and late at night, probably due to tiredness. They say that should symptoms of depression remain for a week O'r more then that's when you should seek help. I have been depressed for years but only went to the dr about it recently because I had finally had enough.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2007, 05:44 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

ICF keep posting how you are feeling. What is bothering you?

Old 08-15-2007, 10:23 AM   #4
(female)

ICF HB User

I cant seem to pinpoint a reason or a start to it - when i'm busy i tend to not feel it and around people that i have to make an effort (for example work friends) i feel ok but when i'm home around family or no one i just drop. I feel down and dont really have a reason for it. I know i am experiencing some relationship problems right now but this kinda goes deeper than that. I have a nice life, am fairly successful as far as studies go and have a pretty decent home life. I'm only young which i may not have pointed out - 17. I'm hoping it will pass but so far i cant see an end to it, i get home every day and that's it for the evening. I cant actually stop the tears and that's incredibly depressing in itself. Am i just hormonal or is it something more?

Old 08-15-2007, 10:26 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICF View Post
I know i am experiencing some relationship problems right now but this kinda goes deeper than that.

i get home every day and that's it for the evening. I cant actually stop the tears and that's incredibly depressing in itself.
Relationship problems can cause a lot of distress. Are you happy with yourself?

Old 08-15-2007, 10:29 AM   #6
(female)

ICF HB User

I'm much happier in myself than i ever used to be - he has given me a lot of confidence in both my physical self and mental self. I know the relationship problems are a factor in this but i need to sort out my sensitivity to being depressed over everything before i can sort the relationship. But also applies vice versa leading me into a vicous circle of which one i can sort first...

Old 08-15-2007, 10:32 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ahhh, I think that I see what is going on here. You were pretty low before and you got a lift from this relationship but the relationship might not be all that healthy?

Old 08-15-2007, 10:34 AM   #8
(female)

ICF HB User

To be honest i'd never thought of it that way, you might be right. I first met him just after recovering from a bad breakup and maybe that wasn't the time, i never got the time to get used to being alone. Now, i absolutely hate it and need to feel loved. Possibly the reason? If so, how do i stop that need or do i not have to?

Old 08-15-2007, 10:37 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

The need to be loved IMO goes way back in our development. Do you think that you have felt that you were never loved enough?

Old 08-15-2007, 10:40 AM   #10
(female)

ICF HB User

It's definately not to do with family love because i have a very loving family, but i like to have someone else there that i can come home to and tell about my day and that will care for me. And yeah, it's been there a while - i hate to be alone and have done since the young age of becoming interested in guys in the first place!

Old 08-15-2007, 10:45 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
but i like to have someone else there that i can come home to and tell about my day and that will care for me.
Your family doesn't do this for you?

Old 08-15-2007, 10:48 AM   #12
(female)

ICF HB User

Not in the same way, it's not that kind of affection i'm after. It's more someone that i can sit and chat to and laugh with every day without care and have someone who think's i'm special (WOW this is sounding vain!). Although i talk to my family it's not quite the same.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:55 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
It's more someone that i can sit and chat to and laugh with every day without care and have someone who think's i'm special.
What do you mean "without care" and don't you feel special just as you are? You are not sounding vain. Being honest is how you are going to understand yourself and then fix what is causing you distress.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:56 AM   #14
(female)

ICF HB User

To be honest i wouldn't say i feel special, no. I mean without care as in without having to have my defences up and worry about what i'm talking about. Someone that lets me be me.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:59 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

So your family never made you feel special? It is very important to be able to be yourself. Can you be yourself with your family?

Closed Thread