It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2007, 02:55 PM   #1
(female)

jacksinn HB User
I think I need a med change

I have been taking wellbutrin for a few years. It seems to have stopped working. I was wondering if anyone can share their story with me if you have had multiple medication changes. I really dont want to go back to the Dr and end up on something else that might not work at all. Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2007, 07:53 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

bevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB Userbevann26 HB User
Re: I think I need a med change

yes, i have been on alot of different meds over the past 30 yrs, currently on prozac for last 5 mos. it seemed to me (each med is a different time frame) that after a period of time they were not working well at all. sometimes my doc would up the dose, or he would try a new med.
tell your doc asap what is happening, you should'nt have to feel badly.

bevann

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2007, 08:14 AM   #3
(female)

even_sly HB User

I've been through several med changes as well... Sometimes they're pretty easy and other times, not so easy. MAKE sure your doc "weans" you off the Wellbutrin the RIGHT way. I mean, I'd search online... There's got to be info about how to wean off of it. Bring it up to your doc. The withdrawal is the hardest... Some meds create that; others don't.

When I went off Anafranil, I had a HUGE withdrawal period. Didn't sleep... Shaky... Nauseous... Could have been because I didn't wean off properly...

That's my advice. Stay positive as much as possible, too. Give the new meds time to work... Sometimes 4 - 6 weeks.

Hang in there and let us know how you're doing, k? ((((((Hugs))))))

Old 10-01-2007, 05:29 PM   #4
(female)

jacksinn HB User

Thanks for the replies
Have been taking Effexor for a few weeks and feel 100% better
Then I read a lot of comments of how horrible it is to come off of it
Oh well I guess I will cross that bridge when I come to it

Closed Thread