It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2007, 09:24 AM   #1
(female)

RockofLove HB User
Tell me is this depression or what????

Hello,

I'm a 30 yr old female, from massachusetts. The past 2 yrs have been hell for me. I had a nervous breakdown 2 yrs ago and haven't been the same since. .... Before this nervous breakdown I used to enjoy going to work being w/ people, and showering stuff like thtat............. stuff u don't even think about. But NOW i don't do anything I live w/ my mom, I have NO friends, dont' shower mabye 1x per month. I'm on meds but they are not working ... lexapro and klonopin. I do go out and go grocery shopping but that's about it. I hate going anywhere, and I hate being around people cuz they annoy the hell outta me., OH Ya i go to therapy and she says things will get better but I don't think they will.

I want my old life back where I used to go out and have fun and friends and take care of myself. God I used to do my makeup and hair everysingle day... NOw I look like crap I've given up I weight 240 lbs I don't have a job or a single person to talk to except my mom........ Please help me get better. I've been on a total of 13 antidepresants but none of them have helped me (not at one time) tehy only made me gain weight.

But can't go on like this I feel horrible and sad all the time...........

Does anyone else feel like this?? I'm so miserable. I just sit on the computer all day.

God bless

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2007, 09:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User
Re: Tell me is this depression or what????

Hi Rock, what brought on the nervous breakdown? Therapy won't work unless you are working on your issues with a therapist who is helping you do that. Is a therapist change in order here?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-15-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
(female)

RockofLove HB User

I've been to several therapists over the past few yrs. I mean is depression real or is it just a person having a breakdown?? I've been in psychictic hospitals 3 x over the past 2 yrs. I think that this ad depressants need are all bull... s.hit. I mean if they worked I would be better right?? Who knows.

Old 08-15-2007, 10:31 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

IMO what gets you better is working on the issues that are causing your problems in the first place. Nervous breakdown, depression? to me what is important is that you cannot function the way that you want to. The exact label really isn't that important.

Closed Thread