It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
(female)

itsconnie HB User
What can I do for my Family

My daughters Fiance was killed in an accident over 2 years now. It was devastating and it took me a LONG time to get over it. With therapy and some medications I have started to FINALLY feel better and try to move on with my life.

Now my Daughter is in horrible shape. She has gotten addicted to prescription pain killers. About 6 mos ago we had to take her to the hospital because I was scared that she had taken too many and wanted to get her checked. Also, 2 weeks ago I knew she was doing "something". I asked her and she said Vicodin.

We asked her to go to a therapist and she went for 2 weeks. We've called her dentist, her family doctor and a back doctor requesting that they not prescribe her anything more.

Our Family does not feel like a family anymore. I cry almost daily. The husband, who was always supported doesn't want to talk about it. My daughter doesn't talk to me because I know, just by her words, whether she's on something.

I left las Friday night I was so upset. Had my bags packed, but came back because my husband was furious.

At this stage in my life, I want some peace. Husband tells me to kick my Daughter out, but I just can't do it. I'd worry more about her. She hasn't saved any money to move into a place of her own and I have no idea where she would end up.

Can anybody help me?????

Old 08-15-2007, 12:26 PM   #2
(female)

jendg28 HB User
Re: What can I do for my Family

I'm sorry you are going through so much and I really feel for your daughter. Has she continued to see the therapist? If she won't go to a therapist, maybe you can go. There's only so much you can do to help someone unless they are an immediate danger to themselves or others. I wish I had some advice to give you. I will pray for your family.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread