It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2007, 01:08 PM   #1
(male)

nabor4life HB User
what helps for you?

jogging helps for me. it helps a lot.
the first 30 minutes are very bad. feel dizzy and tired... but after that i gets great. like being one with the world.
when i come home i am tired but tired in a good way, not in a bad way. tired,. but very pleased with myself. than i have a warm shower or a bath.

this morning i went jogging right after breakfast. i was jogging for two hours. i really like this. then came back home, had a warm bath (do not know why, but i like a WARM bath after i was jogging). i just felt so tired and good, amrs and legs heavy, was lying on my bed and fell asleep (i had not really slept for days) and after that i felt good for hours...

when i was younger i had no idea that there was something like jogging. i just knew sports from my sports class and i really, really hated it.

now i love it.

somebody wanna tell his story, what helps?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2007, 08:48 PM   #2
(female)

Angelica_01 HB User
Re: what helps for you?

for non-joggers, just walking is a good one.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2007, 01:38 PM   #3
Veteran
(male)

Survivor3 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagollives View Post
jogging helps for me. it helps a lot.
the first 30 minutes are very bad. feel dizzy and tired...
Check with your doc. Feeling dizzy doesn't sound normal.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:11 PM   #4
(male)

CtRich HB User

Caffene works for me, not the healthiest, but it works.

Old 08-20-2007, 07:22 PM   #5
(female)

Angelica_01 HB User

i agree with survivor..... feeling dizzy doesn't seem normal. are you maybe pushing yourself too hard in the beginning?

Old 08-21-2007, 09:58 AM   #6
(male)

Breezes HB User

I agree that checking with a doctor would be a good idea just to be safe. Working out for that long is an amazing accomplishment in my opinion. That's a great sign for the future. Jogging works well for me too.

Old 08-21-2007, 12:16 PM   #7
(male)

nabor4life HB User

oh, i feel dizzy all the time. i asked a doc and he said it was psychosomatic.

Old 08-22-2007, 12:51 PM   #8
(female)

jendg28 HB User

I like taking long walks, but it's so darn hot here in the summer that it's pretty much impossible for me. It's about 100 degrees now. Excersising indoors is so boring. My doctor says it's bad for me, but I find that lying down and just relaxing or watching TV for an hour with no distractions makes me feel better.

Old 08-22-2007, 02:29 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Seymour93 HB User

Impressive indeed!! I run 5 days a week and love it.

Good luck.

Old 05-21-2010, 03:11 AM   #10
(male)

nabor4life HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabor4life View Post
oh, i feel dizzy all the time. i asked a doc and he said it was psychosomatic.
Oh, by the way. Dizzy is not the right word. I looked that up in my dictonary. It is not what I wanted to say. I just thought so, because the dizzy-smily looked how I feel, so I thought dizzy was the word and that was wrong.

I don't know what is the right word, because my dictionary does not have it. (Sorry, I am from Germany) By the way the word i am searching for also is not "sick" and it is not "numb" and it is also not "hurting" and it is also not "impaired vision" and it is also not "shortness of breath'"(because that is also how another person might interpret the smily, but it is not what I mean).

You should immediately see your doctor, if you are feeling dizzy or sick or numb or hurt or have impaired vision or experience shortness of breath, because that can be signs of dangerous conditions.

And the reason why I felt tired was that I was hardly sleeping at this time. So if you feel tired but get enough sleep you should also tell your doc.

Sorry, i sometimes have slight OCD so I need to mention that so that you don't misinterpret what I wrote, because I believe that if you don't see the doctor and die I am to blame

Last edited by nabor4life; 05-21-2010 at 07:34 PM.

Old 05-21-2010, 07:54 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

Welbutrin 300mg XR and Zoloft 50mg each morning help me.

Eating well, taking a multivitamin getting 8 hours sleep, taking some excersise, even if its just a 30 minute walk every day.

Old 05-21-2010, 12:05 PM   #12
(male)

nabor4life HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnstar View Post
Welbutrin 300mg XR and Zoloft 50mg each morning help me.

Eating well, taking a multivitamin getting 8 hours sleep, taking some excersise, even if its just a 30 minute walk every day.
I take Multivitamins too. Forgot to mention it. I really think they help.

By they way, I wanted to mention one more thing about Jogging.

I think it is safe to always ask your doctor frst before you decide to jogg, because there are some conditions when you may not jogg (or in some cases one person suffering from a condition may jog and another may not).

Old 05-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #13
(female)

jellybread HB Userjellybread HB Userjellybread HB User

I punch my punching bag, ride my bicycle for hours and miles, listen to audio books, music and play my guitar for hours. And pet my pet rabbit.

Old 05-21-2010, 08:45 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

jonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB Userjonnstar HB User

I think a multivitamin is a good idea because when you're feeling bad, you tend not to cook a propper meal of meat, potatoes, vegetables etc, much less eat all of it, you eat badly and eat less, so its easy not to get your vitamins etc.A Costco brand multivitamin costs about 3 cents a day - a very cheap insurance policy

Closed Thread