It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2007, 05:10 AM   #1
(female)

ICF HB User
It's getting worse :(

In my last visit here i tried to leave feeling a little more positive that i was going to sort things out, but my depression is getting worse. I'm in tears more often than not. Certainly every night without fail was becoming the norm, but now it's morning, afternoon, evening and night. I cannot control it and it's bringing me down so badly, i feel so hopeless and that i have absolutely noone that can help. The boyfriend is as good as lost, so are the friends and the ones left dont really get it, so that leaves my parents. They listen and they do their best but nothing is bringing me out of it. 3 out of 6 people in my family are on anti-depressants and i dont really want to go down that road. Should i go and see someone, perhaps my doctor or just keep riding it out?

Please help, thanks

Old 08-19-2007, 06:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

NVD HB User
Re: It's getting worse :(

Hi ICF
If it's getting worse, there's no use in waiting it out longer...why suffer if you can get some relief? Have you been to a therapist, or do you know why your spiraling down hill?
Just my oppinion...go talk to someone! It could do you a lot of good...and it's possible you could start feeling a lot better!
Good luck, and try and hang in there.
Amber

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2007, 06:39 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Hi ICF, I second NVD, please seek therapy....

Old 08-19-2007, 10:45 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

thaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB User

Hello there!
If you think you are getting worse chances are you are. So why wait before seeking help? I agree with previous posts. Get up and do something. Pills are not for ever anyway. After riding over this tough times you will slowly learn to be in control and feel more positive about yourself and learn to cope during the not so good times. Then you will be able to come off the pills. I have. Thanks be to God. Just do not give up trying.

Old 08-19-2007, 03:32 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

ExTra111 HB User

Mate it doesnt do you any harm going to your doctor, they dont bite, if you have supportive family, then that's even better, take your mum or dad or whoever to go with you, get them to speak on your behalf if you are too scared to tell your doc. I was scared when I first went there, but now I kind of like seeing my doc, coz at least you get some professional advices everytime you visit your doc. Your doc might put you on meds right away coz of your family history, but they are not additive, and you can always refuse any treatments your doc offer, they won't drag you into a psycho ward, so not to worry. Just to advice you the NHS mental health services is very very slow, so be ready to wait for a while shall you want any thearpy or counselling, qutie a long while to be honest. So perhaps meds would be a quicker relief while you wait for your thearpy... this is exactly what I am doing...

E

Old 08-20-2007, 06:18 AM   #6
(female)

ICF HB User

Thank you very much all of you, really helpful and maybe i shouldn't be as against outside help as i have been. I just find it a bit final that there is actually a problem rather than just being down. Will give it a try, thank you!

Old 08-20-2007, 09:17 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICF View Post
I just find it a bit final that there is actually a problem rather than just being down.
Hi ICF, actually finding a problem is better IMO because problems can be solved....

Closed Thread