It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2007, 05:55 AM   #1
(male)

nabor4life HB User
Dumb people

may be this is snottynosed... do you sometimes think that life is easier for dumb people, because they do not think so much?
i am not that smart... but smart enough to think much of stuff that is depressing me. and my thoughts always go in circles and are leading nowhere.
i thought may be it is easiert to be just plain dumb.

Last edited by nabor4life; 08-19-2007 at 06:47 AM. Reason: i am dumb. i am sooo dumb, that i wrote dumn instead of dumb.

Old 08-19-2007, 06:56 AM   #2
(female)

innocuous HB User
Re: Dumb people

I heard that the word 'idiot' used to mean 'lucky'. Something to do with ignorance being bliss I think.

You're obviously intelligent enough to think for yourself.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-22-2007, 06:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Seymour93 HB User
Re: Dumn people

You are ruminating..... Have hobbies? How about volunteering? You need to keep your mind busy.

Good luck

Old 08-23-2007, 12:02 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

positivity17 HB User

Isn't it factual that the majority of those suffering from depression have high intelligence. I seem to remember reading this in one of those books on depression. Anyone?

Last edited by positivity17; 08-23-2007 at 12:03 AM.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:00 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

Survivor3 HB User

Analyzing comes naturally to depressives.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:06 AM   #6
Veteran
(male)

Therag HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by smeagollives View Post
may be this is snottynosed... do you sometimes think that life is easier for dumb people, because they do not think so much?
i am not that smart... but smart enough to think much of stuff that is depressing me. and my thoughts always go in circles and are leading nowhere.
i thought may be it is easiert to be just plain dumb.
Yeah. I believe there's a link between intelligence and depression because their brains work overtime. I think that being ignorant to everything means less chance depression.

Old 08-23-2007, 10:30 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

xxxzoexxx HB User

Your edit make me laugh. don't feel bad, i'm not good at spelling either, you can laugh at yourself for that mistake

Most people that are depressed are intellegent. And not always just Academically so. We are people who think alot about the world and analysis things. Although, tiresome usually, atleast we have alot in your heads, you caan teach alot about what we have learn in terms with coping. I think being depressed and anxious and serve great learning experiences.

take care.

Old 08-23-2007, 09:08 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

bwitht HB User

How funny. That is a Froidian slip to spell dumb the way you would spell damn.

Old 08-24-2007, 12:15 AM   #9
(male)

emptyguy HB User

It's funny, when it comes to numbers, maths, science, my mind draws a blank, yet when I think about the world we live in, the universe, and just life in general, my mind goes into overdrive. Sadly no one else likes to talk about these subjects.

I think we are all intelligent in our own ways. You might be a world renowned scientist discovering and researching new diseases or you could be a single parent, raising two kids with a full time job. Even though they maybe on the opposite sides of the spectrum, both require skills and intelligence.

I hope I'm making some sense, or perhaps I am just an idiot after all. haha

Old 08-24-2007, 03:13 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

xxxzoexxx HB User

I think you make perfect sense. I love talking about the world, you're not the only one.

Old 08-24-2007, 10:29 AM   #11
(male)

emptyguy HB User

Thanks zoe! It's nice to find someone else that enjoys worldly conversations.

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with happily living life without questioning your existence or purpose, for me personally though, they make for interesting discussions.

Old 08-24-2007, 01:10 PM   #12
(female)

jendg28 HB User

I have actually wondered that myself. If I didn't know any better, it wouldn't matter anyway. Is that how dumb people function in this world?

Old 08-25-2007, 05:20 AM   #13
(female)

mycatwillow HB User

This post made me smile. I guess we're all geniuses .

Old 09-05-2007, 09:55 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

janart HB User

Well I don't know how all of you really feel about yourself but I think I have become totally stupid. I'm serious, I can't figure things out because I can't clear my head and if it's the least bit challenging I get ****** so then I really can't figure it out. I can't remember things so I can't carry on a meaningful conversation with our friends. But I will say that when I worked in the medical field I was much better. Now I only work part time merchandising and even thats hard for me to get thru these days. Anyone know of an AD that helped with that???

Closed Thread