It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2007, 05:11 PM   #1
(male)

staticfire HB User
Could I be depressed?

Sorry this is a lot longer than I originaly intended...

If you want skip to the 6th paragraph which is why I think I might be depressed.

Im 19, male and going into my second yr of college. All my life I have felt that I was diffrent from other people and I have known quite a few years now, after being diagnosed that I have ADD. It has interfeared with my life a lot, especialy school and social situations.

In school I have a hard time paying attention in class, focusing on my work, remembering things, ect pretty much every ADD symptom you can think of, however I have never been all that much hyper so I dont think I have the hyperactive part, although people I that I know well tell me I talk a lot.

I took a long time before I developed what I would even consider "real friends". Probobly not untill I was 14 or 15. I can be very emotional at times and care more about people than I should. To date I have many aquantinces and a few close friends, Im a pretty social person but I can also be shy at times especialy when I dont know a lot of people, I think I may have a little bit of social anxiety. Iv been in one serious relationship with a girl and few minor ones, however I feel that I usually have trouble getting a relationship to that point unless its initiated by the girl. If a girl doesnt seem "intersting" I get bored of her very fast. I dont know why any of this is. I meet girls at partys and other social situations and hook up with them, but its rarely ever more than that. I also seem to connect better with people a few years younger than me which leads me to think maybe I develop socicaly slower than normal people.

Since I discovered mountian dew and energy drinks I have always drank a lot of caffine, because it helps me to feel more normal. I was a huge pothead for 2 years of my life because that helped me feel "normal". I have also used practicaly every other illegal drug you can imagine as well, however I have never been addicted to anything except mentally to marijuana & caffine. I use no drugs anymore except on extreamly rare occasions. I still drink every weekend though, for the most part.

I use to take Concerta & Aderall when I was young but I dont really remember their effects on me because I didnt take them for very long and I was young and tried to deny to myself that I had ADD. When I was in 11th and 12th grade I sometimes took Strattera which kind of worked but I didnt like the way it made me feel so I just wouldnt take it. I have recently been prescribed to Vyvanse 30mg a day. The first 2 days I took it I felt as though it worked great, however it was wearing off way sooner then it should have according to what I read on it. The last week or two I have felt like it is barely doing anything anymore. I take it at 7:30-8:00am when I wake up and I feel as though what little effects I still feel from it wear off by 2:00 - 3:00pm.. I was going to talk to my psychologist about this as soon as he got back from vacation but I figured Id mention it incase anyone had some advice.

Recently I have begun to wonder if I am depressed, and if possibly I am in denial about being depressed. I dont fit the classic depression description however, I have a lack of motivation, offten feel tired and exhausted for no reason, and I dont find things I like too exciting anymore, and Im happy sometimes but othertimes I find myself very unhappy and feeling alone and doubting my family and friends caring about me. I doubt myself a lot and offten argue with myself in my head about this self-doubt. Sometimes when I am with friends I assume they are thinking negative things about me, marijuana amplifyed this which is the reason I quit smoking. I also felt I should mention I had sex the other day with this girl from work, and I enjoyed it but nowhere near like I did the last time I had sex (which was a while before this.)

I also have and incredably difficult time making a decision and sticking with it. Like I will start to think maybe I made the wrong decsison and change my mind, and sometimes this will go back and forth a lot.

I self analyze myself a lot and think about things I doubt most people ever think about.

I dont really know whats wrong with me and I could write a book complaining about things I suppose, sorry this is so long.

If any other information would help a response, feel free to ask.

Thanks to anyone with any insight to my problems its greatly appreciated =)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread