It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2007, 08:14 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

saphire82 HB User
Question Mild depression and fish oil.

I dont know if I am certainly depressed but lately Ive been just moody and depressed and thinking really negative thoughts. I know that I think negative thoughts a lot and sometimes I think to myself "god am I just a horrible person?" Because I see that I think with much more hatred towards things and actually cannot stand extremely happy people, they bother me because they seem fake. Oh and corny happy commercials do it for me too, I just get so irritated when I see them, Im like are these commercial producers all on some kind of funky drugs or something? Anyways its causing issues with my husband and I need to start doing something about it. I know he's got his own issues and sometimes I know that Im not doing anything wrong by sticking up for myself but he takes it as me being pms'y.

So anyways I really dont want to go the antidepressant route yet and give fish oil and really good try first. I was wondering about how long it may take to feel any better. Im not going to overload my system with it or anything, just take one or two a day because seriously...if you take like 5 a day who the heck ever eats that much fish anyways! Also I took my first one at night last night so I dont know if it makes a difference when you actually take it. I was also thinking of trying flaxseed as well since that is also a really good source of omega 3's. Anyone have any advice? Thank you

Old 08-21-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
(male)

m0sad HB User
Re: Mild depression and fish oil.

Hi saphire82,

All of what you describe sounds very common. How long has this been roughly lasting? Has anything significant changed in your life to cause these thoughts?

I'm a firm believer that productivity is often the cure for small scale to mild depressed, if you have any activies or hobbies which you particulary enjoy doing, I'd personally advise to take upon them as much as you can. If you can - try not to rely on substances such as fish oil to help you, however if they're noticably working for you - then great!

I really hope you have a quick turn around from this, I'm adamant it'll just be short term saphire82 - we've all been there! Believe me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2007, 07:47 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

saphire82 HB User

Thanks for that advice m0sad, ill keep that in mind. I dont know if anything lately has really, other than Ive just been having communication issues with my husband and that hated my job which I was only staying there because it was competitive pay for my skills/experience. I knew I was just getting tired of it and that it was making me depressed. Anyways...ironically I got fired today. My old manager had spoke to me about my tardiness two months ago and was putting me on a warning (she was very understanding...not a morning person either), but she was resigning and I went on a trip for two weeks and had a new manager when I got back. I had definately made an improvement in my tardiness, instead of 8-15 minutes late I was 1-3 minutes late every so often. Well apparently that wasnt a good enough improvement and they had to let me go. I knew its also because they are looking for reasons to slowly let people go since a lot of us are not going to be needed shortly, but I wanted a chance to look for something first and not have another "fired" on my history. Well I guess this will give me that opportunity to look around, but I would like to be still getting a paycheck! Now I have to scramble and find anything that pays about the same...even if its the same type of job. Its ok though, I know my husband must be upset about it so I dont expect things to patch up with him any sooner now. He wont show it much but we arent going to be our happy selves for a while now. I swear life just works this way, we were moving to a cheaper apartment to save some money and now this happened, we just cant ever win.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:27 AM   #4
(male)

m0sad HB User

Hi again,

Thing's can become increasingly tough throughout tough stages of life, and they often appear to be getting no better. You're obviously stuck in some very misfortuante events at the moment. However, there is no doubt you'll be fine within a short space of time. This is definitely just a case of bad-timing saphire82. It's important that you and your husband have an understanding between you of what is currently going on, and try to come to the agreement of this. It'll make the both of you feel alot better. I think this should be your prime effort at the moment.

You'll find a job with ease! I know money can cause stress, however don't let it get you down too much - it really isn't that important.

I hope all is well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire82 View Post
Thanks for that advice m0sad, ill keep that in mind. I dont know if anything lately has really, other than Ive just been having communication issues with my husband and that hated my job which I was only staying there because it was competitive pay for my skills/experience. I knew I was just getting tired of it and that it was making me depressed. Anyways...ironically I got fired today. My old manager had spoke to me about my tardiness two months ago and was putting me on a warning (she was very understanding...not a morning person either), but she was resigning and I went on a trip for two weeks and had a new manager when I got back. I had definately made an improvement in my tardiness, instead of 8-15 minutes late I was 1-3 minutes late every so often. Well apparently that wasnt a good enough improvement and they had to let me go. I knew its also because they are looking for reasons to slowly let people go since a lot of us are not going to be needed shortly, but I wanted a chance to look for something first and not have another "fired" on my history. Well I guess this will give me that opportunity to look around, but I would like to be still getting a paycheck! Now I have to scramble and find anything that pays about the same...even if its the same type of job. Its ok though, I know my husband must be upset about it so I dont expect things to patch up with him any sooner now. He wont show it much but we arent going to be our happy selves for a while now. I swear life just works this way, we were moving to a cheaper apartment to save some money and now this happened, we just cant ever win.

Closed Thread