It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2007, 02:20 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

kandr73 HB User
Racing thoughts

Does anyone just feel like they have racing thoughs all the time. I cant hardly bear it. Im am inteliigent and was raised by my dad mostlet who believes depression and mental problems are all in my head, yet my mom who has been divorced from himsince I was 14, well 20 years ago. Is insnly depressed/bipolar, whatever. Im feel like Im losing it latlyey what makes it stop, Im on several differnt meds, you dont even wanna know. *** im I gna due when this all causes me to lose everything. I casnt function.

Already in therapy......

Old 08-24-2007, 12:51 AM   #2
(male)

dante711 HB User
Re: Racing thoughts

Its hard,

When your put into a worry well of depression and anxiety its hard to get out, you doubt yourself so you give in. We sometimes wish we know what made us happy but where so confused that we dont know where to start. you need to do some soul searching to keep your mind occupied. theres so many great things about life that if your stuck in a worry well then you may miss it. force your self to get out there and try new things. time doesnt stop for you to recover so focus on other things while trying to put depression in the background. remember its all a state of mind which your stuck because you constantly believe its taken hold of you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2007, 07:33 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante711 View Post
focus on other things while trying to put depression in the background.
This to me sounds a little like ignoring the issues of the depression which IMO need to be dealt with so that they can be resolved. Ignored things (about yourself) do not go away.

Old 08-24-2007, 07:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Kandr, are you anxious? If you are I think that we become anxious because as children we grew up in an insecure environment where we didn't feel safe and therefore, felt anxious. Once we have spent a few years in this environment developing like this it becomes a part of our personality until we fix it as adults. The way that I fixed it was to realize that when I was anxious that these feelings were just a triggered habit from the past. I would focus on my present and tell myself that that was then but this is now and I do not have any reason to be anxious now. Contributing factors for me were weak boundaries, because I couldn't stand up for myself, low self-esteem, because I certainly didn't want anyone to expose me, and finally, anxiety from others triggering my uncomfortable feelings. For this I worked on these feelings so that I was no longer uncomfortable with them.

Old 08-24-2007, 09:29 AM   #5
(female)

jendg28 HB User

Have you been diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder? Racing thoughts are a symptom of Mania. I have BP and get them all the time. Consult your doctor.

Closed Thread