It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2007, 09:01 PM   #1
(female)

curious84 HB User
Unhappy confused and frustrated - please help

I wasn't sure where to post this, I had anxiety and depression when I was younger, but this situation is weird to me.

I haven't been able to cry from emotions for almost a year, I feel like I'm going to cry, I feel like I NEED to cry, but it just won't happen.

I don't know if I'm just internalizing everything or what.. it makes me feel hollow that I can't express a simple human emotion.

Has anyone else dealt with this, does anyone have any advice? Anything would be great.. I know it probably seems stupid.. but as a 23 year old female I should be able to cry.

I don't know if this is some sort of depression or not.

Old 08-24-2007, 02:19 PM   #2
(male)

Zedp989 HB User
Re: confused and frustrated - please help

Hey there Curious! I did feel the same way a year ago, so I understand what you're going through. I couldn't cry even if I wanted to or when I felt like I needed to. Do you have a lot of stress in your life right now? And don't ever worry about sounding stupid here...we're all friends! I'm not sure if you are suffering from depression or not. Could you explain more of your feelings to me? You don't have to if you don't want to, but if you need to, I'll be here to listen.
Zed

Last edited by Zedp989; 08-24-2007 at 02:19 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2007, 05:49 PM   #3
(female)

curious84 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zedp989 View Post
Hey there Curious! I did feel the same way a year ago, so I understand what you're going through. I couldn't cry even if I wanted to or when I felt like I needed to. Do you have a lot of stress in your life right now? And don't ever worry about sounding stupid here...we're all friends! I'm not sure if you are suffering from depression or not. Could you explain more of your feelings to me? You don't have to if you don't want to, but if you need to, I'll be here to listen.
Zed
I guess I'm kind of stressed out.. but then again I've had alot of stress for the past 8yrs and have always been able to cry. I was diagnosed with chronic depression a loooong time ago. I don't really feel anymore, I'm just drained. I'd never do anything self destructive but there have been times in the past year where I'd just wish God would strike me down now, because I'm tired of dealing with my bad luck. I still work hard and efficiently, and I still work out, but I just feel like an empty shell of a person.

I just felt dumb posting it, because I know what it's like to be depressed and constantly tearful, and then here I am complaining I can't cry.

Old 08-24-2007, 06:22 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

Depression can show up in many forms and by how the person shows it. No one on this site is qualified to diagnose you. Many people think depression is the heart broken teenager who locks them selves and cries there eyes out and we know that is not the case. My depression diagnosis is Severe Major Depressive Disorder with Psycotic features and there has never been any crying. I would some how get out of bed and wander my house not caring about anything, I was never happy and I was never really sad but I did feel like I was stuck in a room with no doors. I was not cutting because I was trying to kill myself but so that I would actually feel something. I was suicidal not because I felt sad but I believed my life was over. I could not see tomorrow because I had no idea on how I was going to get through today. I am rambling. Crying does not carry a lot of weight but if you are unable to feel anything over a period of time you need to go see your doctor before it gets out of control.

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 08-24-2007, 07:08 PM   #5
(female)

ordinary10 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by curious84 View Post
I guess I'm kind of stressed out.. but then again I've had alot of stress for the past 8yrs and have always been able to cry. I was diagnosed with chronic depression a loooong time ago. I don't really feel anymore, I'm just drained. I'd never do anything self destructive but there have been times in the past year where I'd just wish God would strike me down now, because I'm tired of dealing with my bad luck. I still work hard and efficiently, and I still work out, but I just feel like an empty shell of a person.

I just felt dumb posting it, because I know what it's like to be depressed and constantly tearful, and then here I am complaining I can't cry.
i can't even tell you how much i feel the same way- like exactly. i go on with my daily activities but at the end of the day i just feel drained and numb. i hate it because it's like i'm 2 different people. i can't help you much with the "crying" question bcuz i have crying issues of my own. i don't let anybody see me cry n sometimes that makes it difficult to cry when i want to but i feel like i'm just tired of crying. i mean how many tears can i cry in so many years? it's like a numbing feeling. but once in a while i have my breakdown when everything just gets to be too much. i hope that you can find some answers but i know how you feel. it's nice to know that i'm not the only one but i'm sorry for your pain. hope things get better for you.

best of luck

Old 08-24-2007, 07:16 PM   #6
(male)

Kiba HB User

Hello curious84, I know how you feel. You feel a void inside like you have never felt before and you feel odd/not normal. I have a hard time expressing simple human emotions like crying too! I feel like crying alot but I just can't get it out of me. My doctor said it may be do to a traumatic past, bottling up your stress and feeling, or even relapse in bad memorys/ depression/ anxiety. No matter how you look at it not crying is not good and can be linked to depression and anxiety, but remeber I am not a doctor. To tell you the truth for me I have all 3 problems

Your Friend
Kiba

PS. Take care

Closed Thread