It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2007, 09:48 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Mokie HB User
Unhappy I'm tired.....

Tired of fighting this disease called depression.

tired of taking medication for it.

tired of talking about how i feel.

i'm talking with a new counselor AGAIN. cause i'm cutting again. makes me feel like i'm an immature kid or something and i'm 44 years old.

i just want to quit...EVERYTHING.....meds, theraphy, etc. etc. etc.

oh, ya......and tired of feeling like nobody understands. NOBODY.

Last edited by Mokie; 08-25-2007 at 09:49 PM.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:05 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

thaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB User
Re: I'm tired.....

Mokie you are not alone!
You are amongs friends here. Three hours after your post, I am here replying to it and I am sure I live half around the globe from you! I am also certain by the time you come back to your computer you will see how many people would have joined you and told you that you are not alone. Because you are not!
Lots of us know how you feel. You are really hurting right now and we do not just offer sympathy. We offer our love. Just hung on. It is a really bad time now for you, BUT it will pass. It has done in the past and it will do so again, right? And IT IS OK TO FEEL BAD... iT REALLY IS....dON'T FEEL QUILTY OR WORTHLESS . wE ALL FEEL BAD LOTS OF TIMES. AND YET WE ARE STILL HERE, AREN'T WE?
I know it is tiring to spill your guts out yet again to a new therapist, but he /she may be THE one who will really help you regain your lost control. Try to have positive thoughts as much as you can. Do not lose faith in yourself and your ability to gain control over this illness. A lot of us have TAKEN CONTROL, most of the time, and that's why we want you to keep trying, and not to give up. There is always a happy ending, no matter what, no matter how long it takes...
Tomorrow is another day, right? Try to take a small step at a time, one day at a time and especially try to enjoy the little things in life that so often go unnoticed. Look at the sparrows, the little flowers, the clouds, the sun that comes out everyday no matter what....
Just take it easy ok? And keep posting. We are here...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2007, 07:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Mokie, I have said this many times all over this board. Only you can understand yourself and use others to get there. And Mokie you seem to have this learned helplessness going on here. I hope that I don't sound cruel talking about this but I think that it is causing you a lot of trouble. Only you can help yourself. You tell us that whatever you do isn't good enough. You say that you feel like a kid. Why are you acting powerless like a kid? Do you think that someone will finally come and rescue you and take care of you? Again, I hope this doesn't upset you too much. Sometimes people have told me truths and it hurt at the time but I needed to hear it and face it. I am sorry if I upset you but I felt the need to take this risk in hopes that it might help.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:52 PM   #4
Veteran
(male)

Survivor3 HB User

Many of us are helped by cognitive behavioral therapy.

Closed Thread