It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2007, 01:49 AM   #1
Inactive
(male)

SomePerson12 HB User
Ugliness driving me nuts!

I am so concerned about my looks, and I am a dude.

It's almost 5 am, and I am browsing cosmetic surgery sites, eventhough I don't have the money for any of these procedures. I am just wondering how ugly people cope with being ugly...

I do see a lot of people who are ugly but have something else going for them, such as brains, money, personality, or athletic abilty. I think this is part of why I am so obsessed with my looks, cause I don't have any of these things.

Please don't respond telling me how attractive you are or how people say you are good looking, but you don't think you are. That is very unhelpful.

Thanks

Last edited by SomePerson12; 08-26-2007 at 01:52 AM.

Old 08-26-2007, 05:34 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

thaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB User
Re: Ugliness driving me nuts!

Ugly people cope very nicely with being ugly because they do NOT think they are THAT ugly!. They see something in theselves that they appreciate and can work on.
I simply cannot believe you have no good quality, ability, or feature inside of you or outside... Every person has something nice and attractive to other people. You have too. If only you could stop being so negative and start working on the qualities you do have and make them better. How about being sesitive to others and really kind or helpful?
Besides, as beauty is in the eye of the beholder, so is ugliness, I am sure!!!
Good luck!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2007, 10:05 AM   #3
(female)

ordinary10 HB User

i no what it's like to be ugly.....i hve terrible breakouts and scarring all over my entire face. it's impossible to hide and impossible to get rid of. i cry every time i look i the mirror because i can't stand the site of myself. and the worst part is that i don't even have a good "inside". i'm such a mess and always being the "debbie downer" (what my friends and family call me). i no that i'm not the only one but i feel like my inside came out on the outside and now i'm just an ugly person. i no how you feel and i'm sorry because it is the worst feeling ever to hate yourself so much. try to find something good about yourself and maybe there is another way for you to change our appearance....like changing your style of clothing or hair cut. i wish i had some inspirational advice for you like everyone else- i can just relate and i'm sorry. if i figure it out i'll let you know. until then i wish you the best of luck and hope that you can learn to love and accept who you are. maybe someday we both will.......good luck

Old 08-27-2007, 07:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Person, I am not even going to mention how you feel about your looks. What I want to know is what else is going on here? You seem to feel an emptiness all around. Have you ever looked into this?

Last edited by Sannah; 08-27-2007 at 07:43 AM.

Closed Thread