It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2007, 01:13 PM   #1
(female)

honeyBfly HB User
How long does it take for wellbutrin to worK?

Im on the second day of this drug and so far it's makin' me feel depressed! Is this common? Also, my hhands are kinda shaky whilest I'm typing this post... Is this drug worth it??? Thanks!

XX

Old 08-26-2007, 02:19 PM   #2
(male)

Zedp989 HB User
Re: How long does it take for wellbutrin to worK?

Hey there, I'm feeling the same way you are. I'm on my 9th dose this morning. So far, I haven't felt any different except for the first few doses where I felt drowsy. What dosage are you taking? You might want to call your doctor and tell him/her what you're feeling. I started out on Wellbutrin XL 150 mg and then switched to Wellbutrin XL 300 mg after five days. So far, I haven't felt better, though I'm going to try and tough it out for another week and see if there's any difference. How are you feeling now?
Zed

Last edited by Zedp989; 08-26-2007 at 02:20 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2007, 02:29 PM   #3
(female)

honeyBfly HB User

Are you also having depression as a side effect? I'm takin 100 mg and I'm taking the generic brand....do you think there's a difference? I'm afraid that the shaky hands I'm experiencing are seizures which is a common side effect...I'm scared! I might stop takin' it if that's the case....

XX

Old 08-26-2007, 02:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User

Hi:

Wellbutrin like other antidepressants usually take between four to six weeks before the true effect is felt. Wellbutrin is very much like a stimulant so if you have not quit drinking coffee it is probaly a good time to start thinking about it. The stimulant effect does diminish a bit as time goes by.

Normally the generic brand is very close to the actual brand with the exception of Wellbutrin. When people are complaining about some real strange side effects with Wellbutrin it is normally the generic brand they are talking about. The majority of people who take real Wellbutrin have very few side effects.

take care
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 08-26-2007, 02:57 PM   #5
(male)

Zedp989 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyBfly View Post
Are you also having depression as a side effect? I'm takin 100 mg and I'm taking the generic brand....do you think there's a difference? I'm afraid that the shaky hands I'm experiencing are seizures which is a common side effect...I'm scared! I might stop takin' it if that's the case....

XX
Hey there, I'm just as severely depressed when I was off the medicine, so there hasn't ben any noticeable changes in me yet. What's the name of your anti-depressant? There might be a little difference with the generic brand, but I'm not completely sure. Don't stop taking it right now because it might make you feel worse. First, call your doctor or the doctor that prescribed it for you and tell them everything you're feeling. Then, follow his/her's advice. I know how scary that can be though, but please be sure to call the doctor first!
Zed

Old 08-27-2007, 06:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

marian100 HB User

I went off wellbutrin because of the shaky side effects. I was on it for about 10 days and I got the shakes really bad. I am now trying lexapro. Godbless

Closed Thread