It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2007, 11:06 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User
Hey T!!!

hi T,

i'm reading around the posts here, and i can't help but see (if i'm correct) that you seem and sound a bit better! ??!!

i hope i'm right, an i'm glad about it. i wish all good things for you!!!

Old 08-27-2007, 03:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

trg247 HB Usertrg247 HB Usertrg247 HB User
Re: Hey T!!!

Hi:

I was beginning to wonder where you went offf too.

I am alright I guess. I seem to be cycling through moods these days which is rather annoying. I have days where I am just okay then the next moment I am paranoid and will try to erase all signs of my exsistence. Doctor's appointment this coming Friday which will suck but hopefully he will finally fix my Lithium levels. Keep waking up thinking on how I would escape from the mental hospital, which by the way is also where my doctor's office is. I am suppose to go into some group therapy for anxiety next month but I have not committed myself to it yet.

Hope you are doing well
trg247
Generalized Anxiety Disorder

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2007, 12:26 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

I am alright I guess

that is great news, T!!!

oh, do i know about "cycling" as you call it. i too have similar experiences, but a lot of it has to do with what' s around me. you say you don't feel anything. well, i seem to feel too damn MUCH, and i HATE it!!!!!

yes, pls. adjust those lithium levels. very important, but you know that, i don't have to tell you.

you say you want to escape the hospital. im assuming you want to "escape" going to those anxiety therapy groups?!!

i would hope (from my heart) that you can go, T. take your heart in your teeth and go. go just once, to see how the hell they are. if you don't want to go, don't anymore. but once--why not?? i would go in the blink of an eye if i were you!!!! right about now (well, always), i'd do anything in my power, as long as i'm able to move, to help myself in this respect. please think about it, T.

d.

Old 08-28-2007, 03:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hi:

The group sessions are at another hospital so they are really not connected. Sometimes I can see things before they happened, mind you it is usually someone dying or someone who is trying to be underhanded, so maybe my brain is just getting a scenario ready in case some thing happens.

take care
trg247

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 08-28-2007, 03:15 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

hey t,

you trying to say your dr. may say you need to stay in the hosp?

Old 08-28-2007, 03:29 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hi:

It wouldn't surprise me. The lithium level alone could do it. I just have this feeling I am going to have to be really careful in what I say this Friday. I have joined this site where you talk to other people in real time and that has kept me distracted from pretty much everything the problem is once I step away from it I am in a nasty place in my head. It seems if I am not constantly busy and occupied I am stuck with me and thats the last person I want to be stuck alone with. My thought process is messed up and even when I am thinking the wrong way I know I am thinking the wrong way. It is almost like I have formed two personalites and the wrong one always seems to be in charge. Like I said very careful in what I say on Friday.

take care
trg247

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 08-28-2007, 03:49 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

that has kept me distracted from pretty much everything; the problem is once I step away from it I am in a nasty place in my head. It seems if I am not constantly busy and occupied I am stuck with me and thats the last person I want to be stuck alone with. My thought process is messed up and even when I am thinking the wrong way I know I am thinking the wrong way. It is almost like I have formed two personalites

i know what you mean about the distraction part. same with me. if i'm not mentally occupied with anything at all, whatever the heck it may be, the thoughts come...and even though i know i shouldn't be thinking that way, i can't stop myself....yes, you've got a good analogy there, T...it's almost like two personalities.

by the way, do you think the levels are so high that he would hospitalize you? why the heck would they get so high????

Old 08-29-2007, 12:27 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hi: Three months ago I had a Lithium level test the first in a long time, I tend to forget things and my doctor fogot to remind me to get it done. Anyway that test showed my level to be high and he said something along the line of "oh thats not good" then he saw the test was taken 16 hours after my last dose so he figured the test was wrong and ordered another test, month later its higher then the month before and this time it was 15 hours after my last dose. So this time he wants me to go right at the twelve hour mark to see if it is lower then before, my logic figures if it is high at 15 or 16 hours its going to be even higher at the 12 hour mark but what do I know. Lithium is one of those drugs where it has to be within a certain range or else it does not work well. When I was in the hospital it seemed they were taking blood every day to figure out what the proper dose should be. Physically I have lost over forty pounds in the last six months, Zyprexa weight, so that should come into play

Right now I feel good, have not taken any meds yet, but I know in 8 hours or so when the Effexor, Wellbutrin is wearing off I am going to crash and it will last for another three hours or so til my night meds kick in. This happens everyday for the most part but my doctor believes its in my head and not the meds. I know the game he is playing but he doesn't know I know. If Friday is a bad day the game becomes how fast can I get out of his office, if it is a good day then I will let him enter part of world and see how fast he runs.

take care
trg247

Current Meds
Pristiq
Cymbalta
Seroquel
Temazapam

Old 08-30-2007, 10:56 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User

Lithium is one of those drugs where it has to be within a certain range or else it does not work well

hi t,

yeah, i know. i was on it for a while, but i didn't really like it. it seemed to be working at first, but then I FELT it lost its potency somehow. while i was taking it i was also afraid of the levels that, as you've said, must be within a certain range, otherwise, complications may/do arise. and being poked and prodded on a monthly basis was enough and more than i needed, besides everything else i needed to endure!!!!

i hope the doc will lower the dose for a while, until the levels get back to normal. that's what i've been reading they do--when it's too high-- when i was on it (in case, you know)... hopefully, you won't need to be hosp. i'm sorry, T. truly, i am. i hope for a good outcome for you tomorrow!!!

D.

Closed Thread