It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2007, 10:33 AM   #1
(female)

kmw427 HB User
Question i dont know whats going on

I think of myself as a happy person, or i used to be. Lately i have been very upset and have had many ups and downs. Today nothing happened and i just started crying, i dont know what is going on and i have been doing research and i seem to be suffering from depression. I am petrified that I am going to be hurt by anyone and everyone. I seem to pick fights with people just so i can sit and cry or scream and yell. I know that this is not me and I want it to stop but i dont know what to do.
Ill take any advice people are willing to offer I just really dont want to go on medication.

Old 08-28-2007, 12:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dakota_Skye HB User
Re: i dont know whats going on

hi kmw,

sadness and upsets--all have triggers of sorts. if you are usually a happy person, and "lately...have had many ups and downs," maybe something happened to cause your feelings!? sometimes it may not be very clear--the reason--but it's there. you know that everything has a cause....

something's bothering you very much (obviously)--that's why the anger and crying and wanting to scream all the time.

also, you do not have to go on meds for this!!! not everyone does!!! like i always suggest to anybody who comes here looking for help, start talking about your problems on here (it's a good outlet). also, if possible, find a counselor and talk to them (a pro, you know), to dig deeper into this, and see what other steps you can take to make yourself feel better.

i'm truly sorry about how you feel. i know about crying, sadness, wanting to scream (but not doing it) and everything else.

write whenever you want.
fondly,
dakota

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2007, 06:17 PM   #3
(female)

kmw427 HB User
Re: i dont know whats going on

Thanks for the advice. i dont know i have been like this for a while now but it goes in and out. My grandfather and i were very close. and when he passed away i was very upset. My parents never allowed me to go to the funeral and i think thats what gets to me the most. I kind of put it in the back of my head intil my current boyfriend started asking me and bringing it back up. He suffered a very bad lose a few years ago and he has some problems dealing with it. then all these feelings started coming back that I dont want to be around anyone.
I cant stand being near my parents (maybe its cause i blame them for not letting me say a final goodbye) I just cant wait to move out and be away from them. I just dont find comfort in anything anymore except my boyfriend. I have no idea about anything thats going on but thank you for the advice and ill take anything else you are willing to share

Closed Thread