It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2007, 06:40 PM   #1
(male)

quiet storm HB User
Cymbalta=Havent read one post anywhere about getting off this AD easily

I was just prescribed this last week and have yet to take it and after reading about the horrible withdrawals associated with this drug, I dont think I will. Seriously, I havent found one post anywhere that says this AD was anything other than pure hell to get off. Even with tapering you can be sure you are going to go suffer some. It's still relatively new, but in time I think its going to take the crown from effexor and paxil as the worst AD to get off of. Needless to say, I will be going back to my doc and asking for something else.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janart HB User
Re: Cymbalta=Havent read one post anywhere about getting off this AD easily

Okay I'm discourged now. I have been thinking about getting on it but reluctant because of the weight loss with it. I don't know what to do lol.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-30-2007, 04:04 AM   #3
(female)

HURTEN HB User

i did try cymbalta for 2 weeks,ifelt nauses and headachey, didnt feel anything else. dr.said it takes 2 weeks to feel the affects.said i would sleep better and have more energy during the day.so i stayed on it for another week. went tovisit some friends and they said i wasnt right they could see i was on some kind of drug,i just said i was tired .iwent off it on my own, dont like drugs.i have my good and bad days and thats it, unless they have a miracle pill i will remain without.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:26 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

karen51 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Cymbalta=Havent read one post anywhere about getting off this AD easily

I have had a good bit of experience with Cymbalta. It is the ONLY antidepressant that has worked for me. I am one of those people that have a lot of trouble with these meds and if the side effect is listed, I seem to have it. I did go off of it once with NO trouble. I am not sure where you got your info from.

However, I am back on it now and it works great except I do have headaches at times still, I think some are stress related, and I do not sleep that well. It is a trade off for me, because it stops the panic attacks and like I said really helps my depression. It does reduce my appetite, which is a good thing for me. I need to lose weight and I am trying to. If I could just sleep better, I would feel better too. I tried Trazadone for sleep and it was awful. I had terrible bad dreams and felt hung over the next day. I only tried it 2 days.

So I think that probably overall Cymbalta is the best thing that has come out for me.

I know there are meds to help with withdrawal symptoms, if you should ever need them.

Good luck,

karen51

Old 08-31-2007, 02:44 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

janart HB User

I'm reluctant to try it because of the weight loss ):

Closed Thread