It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2007, 02:33 AM   #1
(female)

treelvr HB User
Feeling down since return from trip

I have been feeling lethargic since I got back from a trip I took 2 weeks ago.

I was feeling fairly upbeat this year. This was probably a better year than I have seen in a long time.
But now is a different story, I have been feeling progressively sadder and sadder over the last few days, like a hopeless feeling, everything looks alike to me, nothing seems special. About a week ago somebody told me I looked depressed.

I am not sure what I want here. I was just wondering is it normal to get depressed after traveling? I don't travel very frequently, and was wondering if that is something that is normal? I went to visit a friend out of town. When I arrrived home , some friends have commented that I look/ sound depressed. I let them know that I am just jet lagged and tired.

But I guess now I am worrying that I have been feeling sad and having feelings of hopelessness . It's been building up over the last few days or so, maybe the whole week. And when I got home I didn't feel sad, I just felt tired and like I had no energy.

I don't want this to progress into something worse. I am feeling very lethargic right now actually. And I am having trouble going to bed and when I do go to bed I sleep all day!

Last edited by treelvr; 08-29-2007 at 04:30 AM.

Old 08-29-2007, 03:03 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

thaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB User
Re: Feeling down since return from trip

Hi treelvr!
We often feel very sad when nice things come to an end, and a holiday is just such a thing. It is a serious anti climax coming back to the same old story after having a nice time somewhere else with people you like. On top of this you must also add the jet lag, plus the change in your sleeping patterrns and your daily routine.
I feel the same way when I come back from a holiday, but I always feel better after I settle into my old routine and I am in familiar surroundings.

If you still feel the same after a while, pop into your doctor's office and discuss it with him.
Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2007, 09:08 AM   #3
(female)

justlilme HB User
Re: Feeling down since return from trip

I think it is normal to feel somewhat sad that the vacation has come to an end. However, maybe you're feeling overwhelmed with the change of modes. You're coming from a vacation mode where you had little responsibility and lots of relaxing to an adult mode where you're back to your daily responsibilities and doing what you have to do. This change is somewhat distressing to some. I would suggest that rather than mourn the end of your vacation, you should keep your best memories at heart and use them to pick yourself up out of the gloom. Then maybe you can be content amidst your daily routine. Hope you feel better.

Closed Thread