It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2007, 02:03 PM   #1
(male)

SylAlien HB User
My story

Hey i've been on here from time to time, and recently i have hit rock bottom.....my life was going great within the last 6 months..I lost 60 pounds, got a good job....ate better, i was skinny, in shape and had money. Out of nowhere i stopped going to the gym just cause i felt i didn't need it anymore, but my body still loses weight...i stopped for like 2 months now and i eat pretty normally but cant stop losing weight, its like 2 pounds every month i just lose weight, im like 10 pounds under my normal weight...Also i have been depressed alot, i hardly go out anymore, i rather stay home, my self image is worse then ever, and since i lost weight again, my sister said i look too skinny which gave me anxiety last night...today i ate a bunch to try to start gaining some weight back and now im nausious, im really gonna break down soon and i have noone to talk too about this...soryy for this long rant, im just in a bad place right now...i need a dr. ya think? Im scared to go on medication.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:02 PM   #2
(female)

justlilme HB User
Re: My story

Hi Syl. Yes, sounds like you need to see a doctor, maybe start with your general doc to see if you have any hormone imbalances (thyroid) that is causing your weight loss. Then you can go from there and determine whether you need to talk to a therapist. What's been bothering you emotionally besides your weight?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2007, 10:08 PM   #3
(male)

SylAlien HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlilme View Post
Hi Syl. Yes, sounds like you need to see a doctor, maybe start with your general doc to see if you have any hormone imbalances (thyroid) that is causing your weight loss. Then you can go from there and determine whether you need to talk to a therapist. What's been bothering you emotionally besides your weight?

Honestly, my self image, i know i look fine, and no matter how much i know that, i 'm so self conscience in public places, but not always...like ill have days where im fine and then days where i dont wanna be seen its weird....also just relationship problems...i have been single for awhile now...nothing to dramatic but like it just effects me bad...Yeah my sister told me i should check for my thyroid, but the thing is, i lost all the extra weight i had by eating healthy and changing my habits...also exercising at the gym 4 days a week....and i stopped cuz i thought i would be fine at this certain weight, but i kept losing the weight. Maybe my metabolism is so fast now...idn its scarey...thank you for responding, i think imight go see a Dr. Monday morning.

Old 09-04-2007, 10:29 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylAlien View Post
Also i have been depressed alot, i hardly go out anymore, i rather stay home, my self image is worse then ever,

which gave me anxiety im really gonna break down soon and i have noone to talk too about this.
Don't these issues warrant therapy? Keep posting....

Old 09-04-2007, 06:14 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiasmama HB User

'
Quote:
Originally Posted by SylAlien View Post
Honestly, my self image, i know i look fine, and no matter how much i know that, i 'm so self conscience in public places, but not always...like ill have days where im fine and then days where i dont wanna be seen its weird....also just relationship problems...i have been single for awhile now...nothing to dramatic but like it just effects me bad...Yeah my sister told me i should check for my thyroid, but the thing is, i lost all the extra weight i had by eating healthy and changing my habits...also exercising at the gym 4 days a week....and i stopped cuz i thought i would be fine at this certain weight, but i kept losing the weight. Maybe my metabolism is so fast now...idn its scarey...thank you for responding, i think imight go see a Dr. Monday morning.
Just from reading this, you seem to be contradicting yourself...as in "I know I look fine-but you are so self conscience in public places" That's really saying two very different things.

First I would echo what others have said...you need to go get a physical check up. It might have been a problem for awhile, but didn't notice it because of the "trying" to lose wieght. A thyroid issue can have other effects...such as mood and anxiety...it is certainly worth a look!!

Also....are you sure you are eating enough? Journal your food...you might not be eating as much as you think...and just little changes, like maybe you are walking more or such...might contribute to a 2 lb loss every month. Your body has a bit more muscle now...which might account for a faster metabolism.

I would again stress a check up....and in addition, journal your food intake. If all that is well...then it sounds like some therapy might be in order. Good luck

Closed Thread