It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2007, 11:58 AM   #1
(male)

Crazymotorbiker HB User
Slipping into depression. Need some advice.

Hey,

I'm not really sure where to turn to at the moment so i thought you guys may be able to give me some support.

I'm going through a real rough patch in my life at the moment. 3 months ago my, now ex, gf of 3 years left me. She went away for 3 weeks to australia then on returning she left me an IM saying she no longer wanted to be together. I didnt beg her back, i gave her room to breath and tried my best not to contact her. I felt quite bad for about 2 weeks then i started feeling better. Slowly i felt better and better and put up a huge wall between my feelings for her. When i thought of her i would just block it out.

However a couple of days ago i woke up and a huge wave of depression hit me. I was alright when i woke up then within 5 minutes i was feeling like a wreck. My head was spinning my stomach was in knots and i just felt terrible. For the past few days all i've thought about is her. What shes doing, how shes feeling. I've being blaming myself for all the silly thing i said to her and how i could of made a difference. All i've wanted to do is curl up and die.

I make myself go to work, im finding it so hard to get up in the morning. All i want to do is hide away under the covers. But i know i cant stop going to work so i soldier on. On the way to work all i can think about is just riding past work and dissapearing.

The whole world seems such a dark place at the moment. I hate myself and have no confidence anymore. All i can think about is being forever single and never meeting anyone again. This is made even worse as i know im useless with women.

If things don't improve soon im going to crash. I can feel it. I feel so sad every second of the day, from waking up to going to sleep.

How do you keep on going? I've tried st Johns wart which has helped a bit but i dont want to go to the docs. I'd rather just soldier on and do my best to live.

Cheers,
Shaun.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2007, 10:47 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User
Re: Slipping into depression. Need some advice.

Crazy

It seems like you really need to go see your Doctor. Men are so against any form of help generally. Go talk to him, tell him what you have told us, he/she will understand as they would have seen people like you before.

Do not think you can do this on your own, most cant, and if you need a little med help to get you over the worst, take it!!

but it will not do you any good to try to soldier on and work this out by yourself, it really wont, i know !!

Good luck

Old 09-07-2007, 09:30 PM   #3
(female)

lostsoul12 HB User

hey I am in a similar situation but besides not getting over the termination of a relationship I have 5 other things happening at the same time (ocd, anxiety, self esteem issues) I also feel exactly the same and know for sure that I will never meet anyone to love again and if I do it will never last because I don't think I people like me deserve to be loved, with everything that is happening right now I have lost all faith in love and relationships and my chances in that category. And yes, it is a dakr place and for me i keeps getting darker.

I am so sorry to hear how you are feeling but I can relate. I really recommend you go see a doctor or trying a support group or therapist.

Last edited by lostsoul12; 09-07-2007 at 09:32 PM.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:37 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Worrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB UserWorrybucket HB User

Lost,

I think you really need to work on your self esteem also.

There is someone for everyone in this world. Dont give up on love or finding it. You have to love yourself before you can love anyone else. Good luck

Closed Thread