It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Depression Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2007, 04:56 PM   #1
(female)

winking2 HB User
At my lowest low

I just cannot bring myself out of it. I was on antidepressants for 6 weeks and felt nothing. No side effects, not relief, absolutely nothing. I am an emotional eater and gained a ton of weight over the years, and I cannot stop. It is a disorder at this point, and I am so upset that I cannot stop. And I know I can't stop because I am miserable. Everyday I am bored, empty, anxious and have no desire to do anything. I am at the breaking point now because my eating problem has been a battle everyday for 5 years and still no difference. I was wondering if any antidepressants help with compulsive eating? Because I just cannot control it on my own anymore.

Old 09-06-2007, 04:20 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
Re: At my lowest low

Quote:
Originally Posted by winking2 View Post
I just cannot bring myself out of it. I was on antidepressants for 6 weeks and felt nothing. No side effects, not relief, absolutely nothing. I am an emotional eater and gained a ton of weight over the years, and I cannot stop. It is a disorder at this point, and I am so upset that I cannot stop. And I know I can't stop because I am miserable. Everyday I am bored, empty, anxious and have no desire to do anything. I am at the breaking point now because my eating problem has been a battle everyday for 5 years and still no difference. I was wondering if any antidepressants help with compulsive eating? Because I just cannot control it on my own anymore.
Dear W2,

Antidepressants have been known to lower the frequency of the binge cycles but may not necessarily quell the emotional feelings at the same time.

Take care.

Ryan

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-06-2007, 05:02 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kiasmama HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by winking2 View Post
It might be time for some new meds. There is no one that works for everyone...so it may take some time to find one that works for you. I've heard people talk about zoloft helping with compulsive and obsessive situations. Maybe that will help with your eating. And if you aren't in talk therapy...get there, or some sort of support group!

I also have a problem with food and emotional eating. Please realize...you CAN stop and control it. You need to take back that power from the food. I know it's a war and you will lose some battles along the way...just as I did, but in the end..I know it's my decision to use food as a comfort. Food is especially tough cause we need it to survive. We can't avoid food....but we can choose what to eat.

Maybe try journaling when you want to eat. If anything, you may learn your triggers and then maybe you can work on avoiding them. Also...get out and walk if you can!! The sun in amazing and walking will just make you feel a bit better....releases some chemicals and such. It certainly won't hurt. Good luck.

Old 09-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Sannah HB UserSannah HB User

Winking, sounds like food is filling a void or something for you. How about working on the real issues here?

Closed Thread